PDA

View Full Version : Pool Coping with Pavers

jwholden
03-31-2003, 10:47 PM
Has anyone here ever used pavers around a pool and installed coping around a vinyl lined inground pool. I asked my supplier today and they recommended either leaving the plastic edge for the cement on and putting a 12" cement lip surrounded by pavers or using mortar or adhesive to stick the pavers on. I would love to hear some real world experience with this question!

Thanks guys,

John

zedosix
04-02-2003, 03:59 PM
I have done many interlock jobs around inground pools. I just brick right up to the edge of the plastic coping. If you decide to cover the coping, just make sure that their liner is in top shape. I can't imagine covering it with brick or cement.

When you referred to coping are you talking about step caps. Or pool coping? I need more info.

CMLLawnServices
04-02-2003, 08:16 PM
Ya i`d need more info . we recently had an inground pool installed
and i might be able to help.

jwholden
04-02-2003, 09:26 PM
The pool has a 3-4" thick black plastic 'liner' and the cement lip is screwed to the top of that. The homeowner said there is a 1 1/2 to 2' layer of cement behind the plastic liner. It seems I could just mortar a bullnose coping paver on the edge of this and then butt my pavers right up to the bullnose. I see pictures of this in the paver catalogs and it looks great.

I know how to use a level and have a transit and think this is in my reach but I would love to hear exactly what I need to keep in mind when biddin and hpefull doing this type of job.

Thanks again,

John:)