PDA

View Full Version : Rate of inflation per annum?

Big 12 Lawns
04-01-2003, 06:20 PM
Does anyone know how I can find out what the rate of inflation is in my area (Oklahoma) so I can put that on my contract renewal clause?

GroundKprs
04-01-2003, 06:33 PM
Check your library. I get national and regional cost of living changes at our local library. They have a history of annual inflation going back to the 30s, and update it monthly.

Big 12 Lawns
04-01-2003, 06:51 PM
I will not have time to go to my Library any time soon. Does anyone know if there is a site on the web that gives out this information? What percentage increase are you guys putting on your contracts?

brentsawyer
04-01-2003, 09:31 PM
If you are looking for a reason to cite or protect raising prices I definitely would not be worried about inflation. Currently, inflation is at a standstill and this is a well known fact in the financial world which most of my customers and yours probably have some clue about. However, the insurance world and the price of fuel is on the extreme ups and warrants more of a price change than inflation has since the 80's. Try doing a search on the web for CPI because that is the economical # that you're looking for.