PDA

View Full Version : byers commercial mower

Smackthis
04-01-2003, 09:55 PM
Has anybody used or know about the name of Byers. I'm getting ready to purchase a 48" Byers, 14 hp Kohler, zero turn mower. I do not know anything about this brand and would like some imput. This mower is about 6 years old and would anyone know about the value of this mower.
Thanks,
Todd

Doogiegh
04-01-2003, 09:59 PM
Hard to tell without looking at it, but my guess is that it's worth at least $4700 to $5300.

Actually I've never heard of Byers at all and don't have a clue. Just thought I'd throw in an April Fools response. :)

Gary

Hometown
04-01-2003, 10:01 PM
I take it you are getting it from an individual not a dealer. Where did they get it from it would be nice to have some dealer support if you do intend upon buying it. I would look into some of your local dealers for some used units first. They usually will stand behind what they sell to keep you as a customer.

slammer
04-02-2003, 03:07 PM
don't do it , i have one and am having a hell of a time finding a dealer or parts for it. everyone tells me the were sold out to bunton but can't tell me for sure. as far as i know they are out of business. if you know any different or can help me please contact me thanks

BobR
04-03-2003, 11:49 AM
You must know some reputable dealers in your area, price their used stuff.. If buying from an individual go to a dealer that handles that equipment and ask him to look up the retail price for that piece of used equipment.. Dealer might not be able to sell you a mower but at least he will profit from the repairs that you will be needing. My advice - walk away from this (quickly).
BobR