PDA

View Full Version : Walkbehind Blowers

landscaper3
09-05-2000, 10:39 PM
We were looking to get a new walkbehind blower, Little Wonder makes one Fraden and Billy Goat for a 8H/P they all run in the $700 range from a local dealer any prefrences.

Cutter1
09-05-2000, 10:47 PM
I have little wonder push blower. Its only 5 horsepower. It runs good and it has a lot of power. One thing I have noticed is that, they are heavy!!! An 8 horsepower will be even heavier. Hard to move around in tight oplaces and hills. I do have the wheel on the front that swivels, that seems to help. I haven't tried any other ones, but little woder do run good.

OBRYANMAINT
09-05-2000, 10:53 PM
i have giant vac 8 horse does well most seem to be identical

Greenkeepers
09-06-2000, 10:44 AM
We have the little wonder 8hp I/C. We love it. It is a little heavy for pushing up hills but it's worth every pound of it. I think I can push my girlfriend over with it.

Mike
Greenkeepers

SJR Lawncare
09-06-2000, 02:32 PM
I have a little wonder 8 hp, which works very well.I do know the Briggs engine does not do well in dirt, which is where the blower is mostly used. After a period of time in dirt conditions the engine will die. The Honda engine does much better & will last much longer in these conditions. The moral of the story is: If you can afford about $400 more get the one with the Honda, GET IT.
SJR Lawncare

BUSHMASTER
09-06-2000, 02:42 PM
I have a mtd with a 5hp briggs i only of a couple of big parkinglots to use it on but it sure dose cut out time i am working on a jig to use it on my walker so i can become even lazier.

Runner
09-06-2000, 10:49 PM
I have a Little Wonder 8 hp w/ Briggs and it works GREAT! Even in dirt and dust. Before I purchased it, we set some bottles up in the dealer's parking lot to compare the Wonder and an 8 hp Billy Goat. The Little Wonder put the bottles down from farther away by a LONG shot. We tried the 11 hp but there wasn't much diference especially for the weight factor and the price. The 5 hp just couldn't compare. I definitely have to recommend the Little Wonder, especially with it's split chute system. (Unfortunaly, the front mount suction hose is no longer available.)

Runner
09-06-2000, 10:53 PM
Incidentally, does anyone have the "blower buggy" by JRCO? And if so, how does it work? My concern was loss of wind power because of how high it sets off the ground.

landscaper3
09-06-2000, 10:56 PM
Well i know were getting off the track but this winter my friends making me a cart to put a walk behind blower on my Walker mower Nice to be friends with a machinist and a welder. Sounds like most people like Little wonders.

Getmow
09-07-2000, 08:06 PM
My vote is LITTLE WONDER. I have an 11hp and it really blows.