PDA

View Full Version : e-mail bills?

fblandscape
04-02-2003, 04:14 PM
Does anyone here send out bills via e-mail? I have done this in the past a couple of times with good results. It has got me to thinking about doing that on a regular basis, send the bill out via e-mail, customers are able to pay via wire transfer, or check. Does anybody do this? How does it work out? How do you do it?

drobson
04-02-2003, 04:34 PM
I have sent out a couple of bill via email, but only to clients that request it. Usually anyone that wants it by email will use some sort of internet banking and will just send the check that way. Unless you accept electronic bill payments then you will still get a manual check from their bank.

I have had no problem with doing it this way, and if you use return receipt you will know that they received your invoice.

adrianvbarrera
04-02-2003, 05:20 PM
Sounds like a good idea....coupled with PAYPAL and they can even use their credit card to pay you.

But a lot of people might not be that internet savvy.

Adrian

Acorn
04-02-2003, 07:26 PM
quickbooks converts invoices to acrobat .pdf
email is great. no more " the post office lost it" or "it never came yet" etc.

You get checks quicker. I haven't set up online payments yet. I like to keep service charges to a minimal

tiedeman
04-04-2003, 06:58 PM
I do online billing and I also accepts payments online through PayPal. My snowbird customers love it big time. Online billing saves you on postage and you receive faster payment. But I don't like how much is taken from PayPal though. I wish that it was a little bit less.

adrianvbarrera
04-05-2003, 10:46 AM
Has anyone looked into automatic bank withdrawls. The insurance industry uses that alot....they say it keeps customers on time and prevents any possible lapse of the policy.

Adrian

tiedeman
04-05-2003, 01:52 PM
I think that you can do that with PayPal but I'm not sure. Talk it over with the customer and if they agree then do it. But if the bill constantly changes from extra add on work then the customer might get mad at the fact that they don't have control over the transactions before it happens.