PDA

View Full Version : Magnetically backed business cards

Acorn
04-02-2003, 06:47 PM
Has anyone used magnetic business cards to use as flyers. Most doors around here are metal and that would make the distribution easy. Just stick it to the front door. From there, it would hopefully permanently end up on the fridge where they might see it several times a day.

Any thoughts on this

crawdad
04-02-2003, 07:06 PM
sorta expensive, I would think
Crawdad

Simone Lawn Service
04-02-2003, 07:36 PM
I bought several of those last year, but didn't really use them as flyers-just gave them out here and there. I think people may be slower to throw these away because they actually have a use (like you said-on the fridge). I actually picked mine up at the checkout lane at Lowes. Their just bussiness card sized magnets with self adhesive on one side to put your card on. I don't remember the cost, but I believe they were relatively inexpensive. Now if you go buying hundreds of them it might be...

Good Luck

grshppr
04-02-2003, 07:59 PM
I think they are a great idea. It keeps your business name in their face all the time.:)

Firefighter Dave
04-02-2003, 08:34 PM
If you goto Office Max, Office Depot or Staples; they sell printable magnetic cards. They were great!!! They are thinner than buying the magnetic cards and putting sticking your cards to them so they will fit through your printer. I found by using these magnetic cards was really handy for my customers because my number was always handy.

Dave

:blob2: :blob2:

crawdad
04-03-2003, 07:00 AM
Simone, I agree, they are inexpensive to buy a pack of them. But to use as flyers, as suggested, they would be cost prohibitive. And I don't want to be an "on-call" lawn service, I'd rather schedule my customers.
Crawdad

Acorn
04-03-2003, 07:28 AM
Probably right as far as cost, maybe just use for selected properties i have my eye on.

drobson
04-03-2003, 10:16 AM
I got one of those from a real estate agent that had a local sports team's sechedule on it as well as their business card. The magenet part was the back of the card and the team schedule was hanging below. Although it looks expensive, it would get people to leave it around because of the schedule and they would need to keep the buisness card because it is the magnet part.

I thought it was a great idea, but too expensive to give out as flyers, maybe just to existing customers that you want to keep you mind to use other services or referrals.

gogetter
04-03-2003, 02:36 PM
Acorn, for select properties that you want to target, I'd say it's a good idea.
It would be too costly for distributing thousands of fliers though as mentioned.

I also use the ones from Office Max or Staples and stick my business card on them and give one to each of my customers.

walker-talker
04-03-2003, 07:14 PM
I make my own and then laminate them. Cost me about $1 each to make. I only give them to paying customers.

MATT

QUALITY LAWNCUTS
04-04-2003, 12:11 AM
The printing company that is doing my new business cards had the 10 packs of the ones with adhesive on one side and they sould me 60 for $7.00 and that was a good deal. I tried the ones that one run through a printer but they just didn't seem thick enough they would barely hold up one sheet of paper. But definetly these cards will be for paying customers. It's got to be so much easier for the customer, especially new ones.

Bob Minney
04-04-2003, 09:11 AM
Mister magnet has some good prices and does very nice work.
I bought the 2 X 2's to put in my flyer bags
http://www.mistermagnets.com/

Meier
04-05-2003, 08:33 PM
Bob minney,

I actually considered this very seriously. You can get 10,000 business card sized magnets made up for about $1,200. Stick them to the front of the mail box and hopefully, they'll end up on the fridge.

Could get calls years later from this. And it seems much more professional than flyers or business cards stuck on the doors.

Have you used this form of advertising? If so, how does it work?

Thanks,
DFW, TX

Tharrell
04-08-2003, 06:10 AM
My reguler business card is 2 sided with all of my services on the back side(postcardwarehouse.com), I also have magnetic business cards(rndsigns.com), they were .24 per 1000. And they look GREAT and they are the heavier stock which will hold stuff to the fridge. Also, look into the door hanger bags at (rndsigns.com), I got the clear with printed message on the front. I got a call last week from a friend of someone where I left the magnet. She wanted service and her friend kept the magnet so I gave her one too. My total cost per door is somewhere around .35 cents. I tried the stick it on yourself things from Staples, what a PITA. Check out the links and call them up, you'll like the people there.

Bob Minney
04-08-2003, 08:37 AM
Meier
you would probably have trouble if you put a magnet on the mail box, same as if you put a flyer there.

walker-talker
04-08-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Tharrell
My reguler business card is 2 sided with all of my services on the back side(postcardwarehouse.com), I also have magnetic business cards(rndsigns.com), they were .24 per 1000. And they look GREAT and they are the heavier stock which will hold stuff to the fridge. Also, look into the door hanger bags at (rndsigns.com), I got the clear with printed message on the front. I got a call last week from a friend of someone where I left the magnet. She wanted service and her friend kept the magnet so I gave her one too. My total cost per door is somewhere around .35 cents. I tried the stick it on yourself things from Staples, what a PITA. Check out the links and call them up, you'll like the people there.

".24 per 1000"??? Do you mean .24 each and you have to order 1000??? That's $240 per 1000, this sounds about right and not a bad deal!!

MATT

Tharrell
04-09-2003, 06:16 AM
Yeah, their .24 each if you order 1000, but you can order as little as 250 for .34 each. They are identical to my regular business cards in size. People love them, I highly recommend them.

C & T
04-10-2003, 10:51 PM
I attach them to my door hangers, Office Max has them fairly cheap.