PDA

View Full Version : Plowing

Greenkeepers
09-06-2000, 09:37 AM
Hey All-

I know we have a plowing forum, but I thought that I'd toss it out here first. In your opinion what is the best plow setup to have for doing mainly residential stuff? I can get a 7 1/2 Meyers used powerangle plow for about $1500 with rebuilt pumps and all. Also, what kind of pricing structure and contract do you guys use.

Thanks a lot--

Mike
Greenkeepers

diggerman
09-06-2000, 09:59 AM
How many accounts do you have and how many of those are short that involve alot of back draging.That price seems about average for a work plow.

Greenkeepers
09-06-2000, 11:38 AM
Currently we don't have any plow accounts. However, I've had probably 25-30 customers ask if we were going to plow this year. My hard material (mulch,stone et) supplier also said that he would refer all plow calls to me. He used to plow so alot of people call him. About 80% of the potentials will not need backdragging. They can all be "pushed through"

Mike
Greenkeepers

Eric ELM
09-06-2000, 03:47 PM
I plowed 61 big driveways last season and they are all push offs. That is about the maximum amount I can do during an all day blizzard and keep ahead of the storm. The price on the plow seems good for having a rebuilt system. I've seen plows a lot cheaper with very little use on them. You would get a lot of response on the Plowing forum on this issue.

snow
09-06-2000, 04:58 PM
there's a reason why there's a seperate plow forum , and a forum for lawn care. use the plow forum and you'll get a ton more responses.

bryan