PDA

View Full Version : Edgers/Blowers

S.B.N.
04-02-2003, 08:25 PM
Im looking to start a property maintenance/landscape comp. soon. Im wondering how essential having an edger is and if so what should i look for, as well price?Also blowers backpack and walk behinds ( i.e. brands and prices aprox.)

PaulJ
04-02-2003, 10:43 PM
For starting out I don't think you need an edger. Get a good straight shaft trimmer and put an EDGIT on it. check out their web site. www.edgit.com.

For a blower a handheld will blow the grass off of sidewalks and drives fine, and cost a lot les than backpacks.

BobR
04-03-2003, 11:12 AM
IMHO Edgers are a low use luxury, you will probably use it once a year on each of your accounts, after the initial edging you will be able to maintain the edge with your string trimmer. If you feel you must have an edger I would recommend "Little Wonder" +- $575.

Blowers -- A backpack is invaluable you can use it in place of a handheld which in my opinion is a waste of money a good backpack will cost from $300 to $500 - I like Echo and have a PB650 it is an awesome blower. Walk behind blower you have a couple of excellent choices - Billygoat or Little Wonder a realistic walk behind push model from $600 to $1000 - I have a monster Billygoat self propelled with a 16 hp vanguard twin for a motor that retailed for $2500 (got it used for $1000).

You can save a pile of $$ buying quality (brand name) used equipment just make sure you can get it serviced by a reputable dealer and have someone who knows their business check it out before you plop down the long green.

Hope this helps
BobR