PDA

View Full Version : Red Max EB700 BackPack Blower

nasandsons
09-06-2000, 11:53 AM
Was looking into purchasing the new Redmax EB7000 BackPack Blower. I went to my local dealer and his price is $535.00. I explained to him that I could purchase this same unit from Alamia.com for $435.00. He was shocked. He said that he would contact his distributor to see why the price difference was so great. Well, I just got off the phone with my dealer and this is what he told me. The price of $435.00 from Alamia is correct, but as far as the Red Max Company and him, as an authorized Red Max dealer honoring the warranty of the unit is very unlikely.

I also contacted Alamia directly and explained to them what was passed onto me from my dealer. The sales rep at Alamia did state that he has heard of some dealers not honoring the waranty. The Alamia sales rep also stated that this only seems to be an issue with the Red Max line of equipment.

I was wondering if anyone else has inquired about this price difference and has gotten the same response?

Does anyone know of this equipment's track record? What is the likely hood that this unit would fail in the first year or two.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Eric ELM
09-06-2000, 03:52 PM
Our EB6200 has lasted almost two full seasons without any problems. It's never been back to the dealer for any problems at all. I buy from my equipment dealer and they stock all the parts, because they use this same blower for their lawn service. I buy what they use, just so I know they have parts. It makes it nice. :)

bob
09-06-2000, 10:17 PM
My EB 6200 is also 2 seasons old. It's great. Go with the lower price. Chances are you'll never need warranty work done. Hey, if you do have a problem , you've got 1400 friends here to help you out!

little green guy
09-06-2000, 10:29 PM
The only thing with the eb6200 blowers is you have to check them over periodically becuase the bolts lossen up sometimes so just be carefull with that. Gotta check the carb bolts cause they will lossen too and you don't want it sucking all that air.

Stinger
09-06-2000, 10:37 PM
Our oldest Red Max blower is a 1995 EB431. It starts 2nd pull and is a little tired but makes for a great back up unit. The only things ever replaced were the starter pull assembly, arm straps, and a ocassional spark plug. I rate these blowers as very dependable units!

[Edited by Stinger on 09-07-2000 at 10:13 PM]

rats5656
09-07-2000, 12:20 AM
IHAVE 3 STIHIL BR400 DO NOT USE THEM ANY MORE WANT TO SELL ONLY TWO YEARS OLD $$$$
LAST YEAR BOUGHT TWO REDMAXES THEY ARE POWERFUL
AND THE ARE GOOD .

THE STORY IS WITH THE E7000 THER IS A NEWER HANDLE THAT IS TIGHT AND AIR FILTER SYSTEM IS BETTER THE PROBLEM WAS THAT THE EB6200 WAS THE SAME AIR FILTER FROM THE EB4300 SO THERE IS TOO MUCH AIR GOING THOUGH THE NEW ONES EB6200

eslawns
09-07-2000, 01:07 AM
I got a Redmax EB4300 in April ($369). The starter recoil assembly broke in August. It was covered under warranty. The mechanic said the cord was the wrong diameter (meaning there wasn't enough of it on the rewind coil) and pulling it all the way out caused the piece to wear out. It was covered under warranty. I wouldn't trade this blower for anything on my rig. You can push a brick on the sidewalk with it! They're also lighter than any of the other blowers I looked at with similar specs.