PDA

View Full Version : Hydroseeding

Harleyman
04-03-2003, 06:21 PM
I am working on a bid for a town highway dept for hydroseeding new road banks. all that is required is seeding, mulching, and fert.
Just wondering what you would charge for this.

roscioli
04-03-2003, 07:19 PM
$12.47

JB1
04-03-2003, 07:26 PM
Believe your high or am I really lowballing at $7.87.

roscioli
04-03-2003, 07:32 PM
I sometimes bid at $6.36, but this is gonna be a pretty hard job.

Haha, LMAO. Sorry, for all of those who wonder what the hell these 3 first responses are, he didn't add "square foot price" until after we posted them... It was a good "i am starting up in this business, and have my dad's craftsman mower, how much should i charge to mow a lawn" post...

Harleyman
04-03-2003, 08:45 PM
lets see been in business for 10 years asking a simple question forgot something after the first post saw my mistake fixed it. Now i already have my price so never mind just looking for a little more info.
No one has ever helped me out in this business i do not know why i asked you wacks. Always looking for a little more info but maybe it can not be had on this board.
We only do construction and do not mow, any little kid on the block can mow grass, not all can design and construct a landscape around a home.
So do not worry about answering my question and i may come back and see if anyone screws up esp "roscioli". Remember I'll be watching:angry:

paponte
04-03-2003, 09:13 PM
heh. can you feel the love in here? :rolleyes:

drobson
04-03-2003, 09:58 PM
Ouch!! reading through the post I thought it was just some innocent joking and ribbing.. didn't expect that response....:dizzy:

dforbes
04-03-2003, 11:37 PM
Harleyman, if they are not expecting a gaurentee I would charge 8 to 10 cents per square ft.
Dennis

Sean Gassman
04-04-2003, 12:39 AM
Harleyman,
How much Sf or Acreage are they talking about? What type of specifications for each of the mulch, seed, and fertilizer? Without knowing the specifications I can not answer the question. For help with hydroseeding you may want to check out the Hydro Turf Planters Association. www. htpa.org

roscioli
04-04-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by drobson
Ouch!! reading through the post I thought it was just some innocent joking and ribbing.. didn't expect that response....:dizzy:

Haha... me too... Sorry Harleyman, I was just joking around with ya... It just amused me. I wont joke around on lawnsite ever again.

drobson
04-05-2003, 12:11 AM
Roscioli, don't let that stop you... joking with each other is one of the great things about being part of Lawnsite... Some people are just more sensitive than others I guess...

/Dan