PDA

View Full Version : Quickbooks price levels

Pugsly
04-03-2003, 10:15 PM
Ok...driving me nuts here...How do I make differant prices for the same job? I can only adjust it by percent increases. I want to be able to assign a price to each customer in my list without having to fiqure out what the percent differance between $28 and $35 is.

What am I doing wrong?

lawnMaster5000
04-04-2003, 04:15 AM
I think that you can only make 20 different price levels. Therefore if you have over 20 customers this is not going to work all that well.

The system i prefer is to just create a different service item for each customer. For example
mowmarquart
mowgoedeker
mowsmith

then i would also have a sub item
leafmarquart
leafgoedeker
leaf smith

i can assign a different price to each item and makes it really easy to track sales from the sales reports window.

There are some things that i just manually enter the price for such as aeration, and tree trimming as those are things i don't do every week, and don't have a need to track as accurately as my mowings.

lawnMaster5000
04-04-2003, 04:15 AM
I think that you can only make 20 different price levels. Therefore if you have over 20 customers this is not going to work all that well.

The system i prefer is to just create a different service item for each customer. For example
mowmarquart
mowgoedeker
mowsmith

then i would also have a sub item
leafmarquart
leafgoedeker
leaf smith

i can assign a different price to each item and makes it really easy to track sales from the sales reports window.

There are some things that i just manually enter the price for such as aeration, and tree trimming as those are things i don't do every week, and don't have a need to track as accurately as my mowings.