PDA

View Full Version : copy of your contracts

llama
04-03-2003, 11:58 PM
Will anyone post the copies of your contracts? What all should be included in the residental and commercial contracts?

Thanks for the help.

Meier
04-04-2003, 12:19 AM
My contract is in Adobe Pagemaker format. 99% of all computer users don't have Pagemaker, so it would be futile.

I would love to see others. Someone e-mailed me a copy of their contract this morning, but it's in WordPerfect. I can't open it. I use Word.

Later,
DFW, TX

llama
04-04-2003, 12:21 AM
thanks

Meier
04-04-2003, 12:56 AM
What is your e-mail address?

llama
04-04-2003, 12:58 AM
thank you

adrianvbarrera
04-04-2003, 02:03 PM
Hey,

Please forward the word perfect contract to me too.

Adrianvbarrera@hotmail.com

Thanks

Meier
04-06-2003, 01:59 PM
Here is my contract. Any feed back is appreciated. What am I doing wrong/right?

Thanks,
DFW, TX

mexiking
04-06-2003, 03:57 PM
hey Meier, what do your customers say on the part where they have to initial the part where you say if they want their lawn skipped one week they stil have to pay.

Meier
04-06-2003, 06:02 PM
I just added the part about paying when they skip. Haven't shown it to a customer yet.

I doubt it'll be much of a concern. If they want to cancel, it's only 7 days notice.

Besides, if they want to be a 'skipper', I don't want them as customers anyway.

Later,
DFW, TX

Turfdude
04-06-2003, 09:26 PM
Here's ours:

2003 GROUNDS MAINTENANCE CONTRACT

Below is a listing of the basic landscape services to be performed at your property for the 2003 season.

SPRING CLEAN-UP:*
Clean all debris from landscape beds, turfgrass areas and parking areas. Clean all sidewalks, sidewalk seams, curbs and driveways. Remove any downed branches, sticks, leaves or other debris from turfgrass and landscape beds.

WEEKLY MAINTENANCE:
Mow all lawn areas at 3” height, catch and remove all clippings as needed. Edge sidewalks, curbs and driveways. Trim around all beds, trees and other lawn obstacles/ornaments. Clean all curbs, sidewalks, driveways, patios and decks of debris.
If you desire to skip a week’s cutting or would like your lawn maintained on an every other week basis during periods of slow growth, then it is your responsibility to notify us. Pet owners; please clean up after your pets the evening before or morning of your regularly scheduled day. Parents of small children; please have toys cleaned up and out of the way prior to service.
The charge for the weekly services per visit is $XX.XX, which includes all necessary equipment and labor.

FALL CLEAN-UP:*
Remove all annual flowers, cut back all perennials and clean all leaves and debris from turfgrass areas and landscape beds.

* Please note that for both spring and fall clean-ups, we will be following township ordinances; that being curbing of leaves, or removal of leaves to a town approved or other leaf site. Charges for both spring and fall clean-ups as well as any leaf and debris removal / clean-up will be conducted at a rate of $XX.XX per man-hour (plus incurred disposal costs and travel time to dump site). Please note that if leaf removal is conducted w/out the weekly maintenance, the minimum charge will be the lesser of a scheduled weekly maintenance or one hour charge for leaf removal.

FUEL ESCALATION CLAUSE: Should the price of regular unleaded gas reach or surpass $2.00/gal, it will become necessary to add an additional 5% charge to all aforementioned fees, as all of our equipment uses said fuel.

TERMS:
All services are subject to a 6% New Jersey Sales Tax. Appropriate forms must accompany tax exemptions. Payment is due 15 days after invoice date and is considered late if not paid within thirty days. A ten-dollar late fee ($10.00) will be added 30 days after invoice date and for each 30 days the invoice remains overdue. There will be a fifteen-dollar ($15.00) fee assessed for any returned check regardless of reason. Restitution must be made by certified check or money order.

CANCELLATION:
This contract may be canceled by either party at any time as long as it is done so in writing and accompanied by a ten day notice.

I have read this contract and I accept the terms stated herein.

Turfdude
04-06-2003, 09:27 PM
That is our BASIC contract for mowing. We try to sign for Lawn Care, mulching and pruning too in order to get full service accounts.

Meier
04-06-2003, 10:36 PM
So, you have no problem if customers just call you up and say "skip me this time"?

Do you not view that as an opportunity cost?

Is the 'skip me this time" not much of a problem?

Turfdude
04-07-2003, 04:54 PM
Generally, this only comes into play in July & AUgusst w/ 20% or less of my accounts. As I have stated, the majority are full service accounts and many have irrigation. With the drought last year, there were many that did not get weekly service as there was absolutely nothing growing. Also, I have more than enough pruning work for this time of year, we do not work weekends these 2 months, and many schedule their vacation time then.

adrianvbarrera
04-12-2003, 09:10 PM
Go here for a copy of my contract.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44024

Adrian