PDA

View Full Version : eXmark micro mulch kit ?

northeast
09-06-2000, 05:35 PM
I purchased eXmarks mulch kit last week,It does an ok job
do not like the little clumps it leaves though.
anyone try double blades with a mulch kit,and does it help? or should I stick with the stock eXmark mulching blade.
If I cant get rid of the clumping I will remove the kit .
and go back to double blades and side discharging.
really like being able to mow without scattering clippings in mulch beds with the kit on, thanks for any advice or hot setups while mulching. Nick

Toddppm
09-06-2000, 06:37 PM
are you cutting every week?we use them too, if the grass is high it will clump some but not everywhere, not too many problems. if somone wants us to cut every 2 weeks thats their problem if it gets too long and clumps. i haven't tried doubles with the kit on but i tried gators , i didn't notice that they were any better so i took them off.

northeast
09-06-2000, 07:38 PM
Toddppm,
I am cutting on a weekly schedule. The problem I am dealing with is from the morning dew on the lawns,allready
getting frost in some areas of the state,and grass is starting to grow like springtime.I think I will take the mulch kit back off.go back to the lazervac.
thanks for your input, Nick

EDL
09-06-2000, 08:12 PM
We have tried double blades with the mulching kit, and works well on fast growing lawns, however on thin lawns it pushes the grass down in areas so there is ragged look after you are done mowing, unless you double cut them. I will put the mulch kit on in the fall for the leaves,when the grass has slowed down.

thelawnguy
09-06-2000, 09:12 PM
When I get lumps (usually from wet grass) I will maybe double cut after the rest of the lawn is done, or go over real quick with the blower. Still faster than picking the stuff up.

KB
09-07-2000, 01:12 PM
I use the micro mulch kit on my turf tracer and only have the small clumps when the grass is wet. I have cut both discharging and mulching and my customers only want the yard mulched because they do not want to see clippings. Unfortunately, that means no early morning or "after rain" cutting. When dry, it mulches great.

65hoss
09-07-2000, 02:29 PM
I use the mulching kit on my lawns. They work extremely well on dry grass. On wet or damp grass, you only need to go over twice in extreme conditions. Small price to pay for that type of performance.
Eric