PDA

View Full Version : Big mulch job quote.

Nozzleman
04-04-2003, 08:40 PM
I gave a quote last week for a decent sized (bigger than anything else I have done) clean-up/mulch job and since I have not heard back I figure I was high but I would like hear some of your input.

The job involved a spring clean-up on a 3/4 acre piece of property. There were not tons of leaves since the had a fall clean-up just typical winter sticks and leaves. The owner wanted the beds edged, a good size bush near the pool trimmed, and two small bushes removed.

Now the mulch job. They live on a private road so they need to maintain their frontage. this involved mulching a 3'X75' section of road along with all the other gardens on the property. After measuring the gardens and using the 1yd mulch/100sq feet theory I figured I needed 27yds of mulch. The mulch cost me $20 dollars a yd.

I bid the job at $2500 dollars. Am I crazy, are they cheap, or is another LCO crazy for doing it cheaper?

longviewlawncare
04-04-2003, 08:50 PM
well i just put a bid in on the largest mulch job i ever seen at a residence. came out to 100 cubic yards of mulch at 2 inches thick. the edging and bed maintence is built into the monthly maintance fee. The mulch spread by me came to a total of 3200.00 I am sub-contracting out to a company that uses the blower trucks and making an extra 200-300 off the job. i think your price is fine.

paponte
04-04-2003, 09:05 PM
I think your price is fine, but I can see someone coming in around $2300. and change. :cool:

Nozzleman
04-04-2003, 10:24 PM
Thanks guys, I am glad to see I was in the ballpark. I am busy enough that I am not to busted up over the loss I just wanted to be sure that I'm being competitive.