PDA

View Full Version : WHat do you guys think of the JRCO hooker aerator and JRCO dethatcher?

syzer
09-07-2000, 12:02 AM
Purchased the dethatcher, and am about to purchase the aerator what do you guys think of these products?

Thanks.

Runner
09-07-2000, 07:53 AM
I don't know about the dethatcher on a ZTR, but I know it works GREAT on the front of my Gravely 300 rider! I'm able to just lift the whole deck up to turn and such. While you can't really charge for an actual dethatching because it doesn't lift as much out, it DOES still lift a whole bunch! Great for spring cleanups too, when you have alot of leaves that are matted down in the turf. I REALLy get good use when picking up willow tree mess. I just lay a tarp down and plow it toward the tarp. Once there, I lift the deck, pull over the tarp, and give it a few shakes. (forward and reverse). Saves HOURS worth the work! Good luck with it! I was a little leary though on the hooker. The holes aren't as big, and they're spread outwider, so you should go over it twice to recieve decent results. Someone also said that they just don't penetrate quite as well.

Eric ELM
09-07-2000, 08:39 PM
I know this has been brought up in the past, do a search on this subject, since you haven't had replies to this post. I know someone bought one about a month or so ago.