PDA

View Full Version : Forum Rules Of Conduct (FROC)

Acute Cut
09-07-2000, 04:31 AM
I know that this forum is supposed to be for the free exchange of lawn related material for us professionals. But i am having a serious problem with the way some of it is going. Isnt there some sort of Rules Of Conduct for this thing? I personally have found some of Richard2's comments innappropriate and quite rude. The comment on the "WIFE" post was totally out of line.

That is just the one that comes to mind off the top of my head but i know there have been others as well. We are all professionals here. (Supposedly) Some of the Senior Members have/are attempting to raise this from a "pissin" post to something of quality. We discuss equipment, time, trailers, and lawn care related stuff. What does Richard2 smokin a bong have to do with anything of absolutly any importance? I dont wanna be the "Forum Nazis" here but we need to have SOME sort of conduct of appropriateness here.

I would just ask that we keep this site related to topics and observe others right to varied opinion with relative professionalism. If i was a sponsor of this site i would start questioning putting my brand "name" anywhere near a site that was not seriously geared twords my goals. I wonder if Exmark cares about Richard2's current drug abuse problem? Probably NOT. And for that fact neither do i.

Keep it professional guys so this isnt turned into some sort of WT chat room of sorts.

Acute Cut
p.s. Let the flamage begin!

Keith
09-07-2000, 07:30 AM
My Opinion:

We are not robots, sometimes subjects unrelated (for the most part)to landscape maintenance come up. We are thinking adults (for the most part) who like to get off the set subject once in a while. Does everything have to be by the book? Maybe now is a good time to suggest a "lounge" forum for things not quite related to lawn care.

As far as advertisers not wanting to spend their dollar here because of a few comments here and there...I doubt it. A company would focus on sales potential for the product through the site. Where you take a leak, what you do to unwind or anything else is not going to change a company's decision to advertise here. If Super Blow sees a potential to increase sales of their 8 hp backpack blower by advertising here, I don't think anything Richard2 says would change their mind. LOL. I think a lot of advertisers choose to stand back because of the opinions of products here. It's like freakin' Consumer Reports around here. Shindaiwa this, Lesco that. Can you imagine a company that has been bashed here stepping in to this advertising snake pit. And companies that are highly regarded have no interest in advertising. There isn't much to be gained for them. A satisfied commercial user bragging about Dixie Chopper or Exmark on a lawn care forum is all the advertisement they need.

[Edited by Keith on 09-07-2000 at 10:50 AM]

GrassCtr
09-07-2000, 08:33 AM
i agree with acute cut, many of his remarks are tastless and rude. i have yet to see one post of his that was really on subject, most are just smart comments. maybe at least 1% of your post shoul be about something related to the lawn industry.

Eric ELM
09-07-2000, 09:29 AM
I have a full time job just like you do. I read and edit posts when I get up at 6AM until 7:30 when I go to work. I do the same when I get back on after work some times not until 9PM. I try to read all the posts, but some I just skim over looking for swear words and I don't catch everything. The wife thread wasn't going any where and is history. I would email Richard2 to tell him to post about the topic, not some odd stuff that isn't making sense, but he doesn't have his email address listed. RICHARD2, as you can see, your posts aren't amusing to most. Now you know why your posts are getting deleted and you don't need to post and ask why they got deleted like in the past.

I've heard you all have the right to freedom of speech. This may be true, but this is a privately owned and funded forum and Chuck has the right and power to delete any post that isn't related to Lawn things and to delete any post with swearing. As Moderator, I also can do this, but would rather just be able to sit back and read good interesting posts.

If any of you see something I've missed on here, please email me and bring it to my attention. I can't be on here 100% of the time, because I have a family to provide for too. Any help will be appreciated.

KirbysLawn
09-07-2000, 10:09 AM
Charles, maybe you haven't seen all of the post in question. A point that should be made is that Eric is constantly having to go behind him a delete his post, much like tending to a child. I'm sure Eric would much rather log on and enjoy the forum instead of searching and deleting post that are tasteless at best. Eric is the moderator, not a babysitter.

bucktail
09-07-2000, 10:33 AM
Wow this is amazing! now members who dont like other members posts are trying to get them banned is this second grade?

Scraper
09-07-2000, 10:37 AM
I would think they haven't even entered grade school yet with all the whining. Sounds like some need to grab a tissue and wipe the snot out of their noses.

Acute Cut
09-07-2000, 11:10 AM
I see that most of yall have totally missed the point. Eric, you have done and are doing a great job. I wouldnt want your job there. Imagine the peein in the bushes comin up again. And having to read it everytime somone adds a new post. YUCK! That would definately take some enjoyment out of the forum for me if it was me. Thanks for all ya do Eric and Chuck.

Kirby, it appears (Like with so many other subjects) that we are just about the only people here that think alike. I suppose i will keep my opinions to myself and just enjoy the degredation of this forum............um, or not. hehe. Thanks for bein intelligent Kirby. Ever been thanked for that? I'm smilin just readin it. hehe.

I feel like i am telling a bunch of 2nd graders how to act like adults. That is the type of respones i am seein. Hmmm, to bad. That is kind of a dissappointment really.

GrassCTR, i just reread your post and had to edit this. I thought that you were commenting on me the frist time i read it. MY bad. Glad to have your support.

NO ONE IS TRYING TO BAN ANYONE> It wouldnt help anyways. Name change and they are back. Who can tell. I am just askin that people try to use some Rules of General Conduct in here. Not much to ask. No hitting, no yelling, share y our toys, and no running in the halls..... Or was that second grade? BAH!

Seriously though, is it to much to ask that people use common respect and decency?

Acute Cut

[Edited by Acute Cut on 09-07-2000 at 02:18 PM]

Scraper
09-07-2000, 11:22 AM
I really do not see how any of this leads to the degradation of the forum. This forum is and will always be the no. 1 forum on the internet, even more so now with the coming aboard of TURF. 1 post out of 100 isn't gonna hurt. Some comments from people should be taken with a grain of salt. As for Peein' in the bushes, c'mon...it was funny! Are you that serious about the life that the roses no longer smell?

cos
09-07-2000, 12:07 PM
I have to agree with acute and really, really can't believe that charles has stuck up for someone like richard2. Wasn't it you (Charles) that once posted about too many swear words
and I even agreed that I think that this is a very good forum (probably the best) and we as adults should respect everyone and tone it down a little bit if we get too out of hand. Maybe posts like this one, once in a while are good to keep a decent place to come to and read about lawn stuff and maybe other different things. when I posted about how stupid I thought his comments and posts were one time, I was probably wrong because you really should ignore stupidity, but alot of his postings were getting out of hand.

GrassMaster
09-07-2000, 12:51 PM
Hello Everybody:

First of all Eric & Chuck are doing a fine job. Yes they got their hands full for absolutely no reason at all. Thanks a million you guys for all you do for us & the majority of us thank you for it, 100%!!!!!

Just some folks evidently don't have a life & to prove it they take advantage of others. They doing a fine job of it too!!!!!

I would like to see just one of these guys, do what we have done. Yes let me spell it out for them in real easy to understand simple words.

Work a regular job, then what little bit of your life you have left after working all day & then some, take your money & most of all your very precious time. Then give it all you have got trying to build a decent web site & have it turn out pretty good.

Then after putting your heart, soul, money & what little bit of your free time of your life left into it. Then some so called flag waving freedom fighters come in & then decide they going to let you know how to run your web site. They probably don't know HTML from a hot meal. Then they want to ruin your dream of making it on the internet.

We know & understand freedom of speech very much. That's what the internet is about & some of us are really going out of our way to do it for all. There is a proper time & place for everything. Show respect to this forum & act like a human being, besides that your not paying for it!

How would you like it if every few days one of your competitors came over in the middle of the night & poured water in the gas tanks of all your equipment. Well that's exactly whats being done to this forum in a round about way.

LOL, it won't do no good to come over to our houses & try it because unlike you guys that try as hard as you can to deficate this forum, we are up all hours of the night trying top accomplish the American Dream & make it on the internet. Yes part of this internet thing is staying up all night long trying to figure out this stuff. Then working all day at another job.

All the odds are against us & it's not a simple business like cutting grass. It's very hard to do & 98% of the people that try to make it on the internet fail & out of the 2% that do make it only about half of them even break even. Lot of them have unlimited money sources & man power. Then when one of these guys makes it, what I call a one man show, then they have accomplished something.

I, no matter who they are, if they have accomplished making it on the internet & are even close to making it, I take my hat off & bow my head to these people, because I know they have really worked hard to accomplish this! They have spent the time, money, midnight oil & then some, that's why they made it. Thank you for this great forum!

Try taking $10,000 or even $20,000 & get a few people together to make a success of it. 999 out of a 1000 people couldn't do what it would take to even come close to what Chuck has done.

Now you take that same amount of money or less & go out there & make a living cutting grass, yes a piece of cake it's done every day, just look around while driving. Frustration & release a little tension, LOL get a life. Cutting grass is very simple & very easy to do, try to make a success on the internet, then you will learn what frustration & releasing tension is about. Talk all you want about how hard it is cutting grass, LOL try retail or try the internet.

If this forum is not interfearing with your business which we all know, all this forum is doing,is improving your business, why would you interfear with this forum & try so hard to drag it down?

Get a life & show other fellow hard workers a little respect if you have it in you? I show my respect at all times. FYI I have 7 flags on my property, 6 waving & 1 folded. I support any body that works & I support my country.

LOL, That's all I know & want for this forum!

dumpyercookies2
09-07-2000, 01:21 PM
you guys are too serious...i've gotten some great accounts with my head below a steering wheel....most property management types are women! get lives and have fun.....work hard play hard.....life's short!

bucktail
09-07-2000, 04:45 PM
I also think this is a good forum and I am quite sure it does take a tremendous amount of time and dedication. I certainly hope because I believe in the freedom of speech as well as the lack of cencorship I am not accused of trying to tear this forum down. I am not saying that anyone is doing that I just want to make myself clear. I do not have 7 flags in my yard nor do I need them to know what this country was founded on or it's principals which have contributed to it's success! Yes I am proud to be grouped in with those flag waving radicals who try to promote and save freedom.(Freedom of speech,religon,to freely elect our representatives ect..) Because someone has a diffrent opinion or outlook does not mean that they are trying to tear down or break-up something! This is a good forum trying to keep it interesting and open should not be considered a mutiny!

bucktail
09-07-2000, 04:59 PM
Also I think Richard2 post's are hilarious and often in a round about way straight on the money!

diggerman
09-07-2000, 05:39 PM
Everybody is complaining about all the whineing but I'm not sure which side is in the lead.

Lanelle
09-07-2000, 06:10 PM
OK Guys, remember that this forum has a big audience. Your mother, wife, daughter or son could be reading your posts. Maybe you talk that way in front of them or maybe you know better. Why drag your own name down with garbage posts? So we will think less of you?
Now mother will step down from her soap box.
Have a nice day!

KirbysLawn
09-07-2000, 06:48 PM
Bucktail. Where in either my post or Acute Cuts post did it say "ban" or any such word? The point of the post was for Richard2 or dumpyercookies2 to "clean up" a little and follow the rules of the forum. Making post that he knows Eric will come delete is showing no respect for Eric at all, Eric already has his hands full. The subject of oral sex is not appropriate for this forum and it looks like thanks to Richard2, what was a good post "about your wife" has been deleted.

Was that short enough Scraper? :D just kidding. :D

MOW ED
09-07-2000, 07:21 PM
Why are we so far off topic?
This is an ongoing debate - should we swear, talk about sex, drugs, beer, gambling, whats next?

Chuck is putting his money out for a forum that you can attend if you want to talk about LAWN CARE. Its nothing else.
If you want to meet at your own site and bash each other to pieces or talk about what you do under a steering wheel then make your own forum.
I personally am getting tired of responding to these types of posts because I want this forum to continue to be a 100% positive influence on all that want to LEARN ABOUT LAWN CARE. NOTHING ELSE!
We will have to endure this extra stuff until A) Chuck says I'm done.
B) he makes it a pay site.
C) We wash the trash away.

I'm not talking censorship because everyone has an opinion like I do but think twice and re-read your response before you hit the submit reply button. This is a tremendous resourse with some super people that run and moderate it.
I have been here early on and I want it to continue.

Charles
09-07-2000, 07:23 PM
Nope, it wasn't me who made a post about too many swear words. I could care less about who says what about whomever. Most people don't take derogatory commments seriously. Their just words typed on a screen by strangers for the most part. I am sure bobbys wife could whip Richard and most of us on here if she wanted too. And Kirby you're right I didn't read Richards post.I just had a large cup of coffee and was wired lol. I am just trying to say and it been said many time over. If you don't like a post or reply. For Gods sake dont read it lol. If it crosses over the line, Eric and Chuck will take care of it. Hope that continues to be a wide line. There has to be room for us adults in here

greenflag
09-07-2000, 08:13 PM
I agree with Kirby, Mow Ed, and Acute Cut. If you guys want to whine about "free speech" go to a chat room somewhere. In a dedicated site like this, there is no such thing as free speech. Chuck and Eric run it, they can have what they want on it. If you guys are so worried about guidelines, go spend the time and money and get your own website and put whatever you want on it.
BTW, thanks to the aforementioned folks plus all you other pros who participate on this site, as I have learned and continue to learn a great deal from you. If y'all want humor, go to a humor site. I come here for landscape info.

wompy
09-07-2000, 10:27 PM
rodny king landscaping CANT WE ALL JUST GET A LAWN

Turf Kutter
09-07-2000, 10:29 PM
Wompy I would`nt take a heart transplant from the lowest bidder.

Acute Cut
09-07-2000, 11:38 PM
I was surfing another thread when i saw Stone's little home page link. I decided that i would go and check it out. He now has a whole section dedicated to bashing lawnsite. Maybe he should start his own FREE SPEECH site for lawn care. I'd join...........

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA(Histerical laughter with tears in eyes)HAHAHHAAHHA

NOT!

Keep up the great work Eric and Chuck! I have noticed a definate change in direction for threads. There are some very infomative threads going on right now. Just what the doctor ordered!

Cant we all get a lawn?--> Now THAT was funny! I actually laughed outloud.

Acute Cut

Charles
09-07-2000, 11:50 PM
Lets face reality here. A site just about lawn care. Bland questions and answers only with no interesting reading or intertainment. Will never break even or make a profit. Wrestling faced that reality along time ago. Wrestling along without controversy or story lines went bankrupt along time ago. Chuck has been saying all along that he has been dipping into his savings. I mean some of you on here may find blade sharpening exciting but the majority of americans don't. If you are a thinking man and been at thia awhile lawn care is just not exciting. Its just a boring job. Alot of the member that are listed are gone. Soaked up all the info they needed and moved on. Just info won't keep people coming back. Hasn't worked in the past and won't work in the futer. I think Chuck should make all you whinie new guys pay for the info you are getting. We veterans had to learn this the hard way

BUSHMASTER
09-08-2000, 12:17 AM
Hey i hope people and ponEtenial members don't come across to many of these post they might mistake this for a soap oprea fourm some people just need to act as if there were at there moms house that way everyone is repectfull. DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UN TO YOU..........AMEN

FIREMAN
09-08-2000, 12:29 AM
ACTUALLY....I JUST WANTED TO MAKE THE LITTLE ENVELOPE CATCH FIRE...LOL,,,SERIOUSLY THERE IS SO MUCH INFO EXCHANGED HERE, IN A GOOD CLEAN WAY, THAT WE NEED TO LOOK OVER THE LESS SERIOUS(CHILDISH BEHAVIOR)OF SOME POSTERS AND LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE, INFORMATION. NOT A SEMINAR NOT A CLASSROOM BUT REAL LIFE HANDS ON OPINIONS FROM OUR PEERS. AND THATS REALLY WHY WE'RE ALL HERE.

eslawns
09-08-2000, 12:31 AM
You "freedom of speech" people never seem to get the point.

1. You have many limits on your speech. Don't believe it? Yell "FIRE!" in a theatre.

2. Nobody wants to ban anything. The F.O.S. Nazis are the only ones to even mention the word. What was asked was that you use some common sense, and leave the vulgarity out.

3. The site members can and do bring up all kinds of topics. You can make your point without behaving as a child.

4. If you read a post that offends you, do what you do when you watch TV, find something else. Maturity goes both ways.

5. Charles is right, lawn care is boring. But, when this site gets to be like WWF...

John Deere
09-08-2000, 12:37 AM
The more things change the more they stay the same,
huh Eric? Sorry I haven't had time to e-mail you lately, SWAMPED! I'll send one over when I get time. I just had to put a post in on this one though.

Charles
09-08-2000, 08:56 AM
Good to see you back in here John Deere

Eric ELM
09-08-2000, 09:02 AM
I second that, welcome back John Deere. I'm sure you will have more time this winter, like most of us.