PDA

View Full Version : Rates for re-edging

GarPA
04-07-2003, 08:10 AM
Bet some of you thought I died or got a real job...nope...just trying to cure my addiction to Lawnsite...hah. Did a search and could not find what I was looking for. Often we "refresh" exisiting bed edges...I usually can do it pretty fast with a halfmoon sharp egding tool. Yesterday I did 700 feet in a couple of hours. Now I know some of us use a benchamark of around $1 per foot or more for cutting in new edges (for that I use the machine)...what rate do you use when you are "refreshing" existing edges? BTW I move the dirt back into the bed, break it up and then cover with new mulch. I dont have a problem charging a $1 per foot but I just wanted to check the going rates for this from you guys so as to stay competitive yet profitable..thanks

GarPA
04-07-2003, 09:51 PM
yo Scraper or MDB...would appreciate your 2 cents on this or anyone else's.......

ksland
04-07-2003, 10:01 PM
I timed how long it takes 2 guys to cut new edge with a stick edger, and finish with a half round, then clean up and empty wheelbarrow. It took about 20 minutes to do 100 LF, at $50 a man hour that would be about 30 cents a LF. If difficult, rooty, or clay like I would go up to 50 cents. Just started this formula this year and seems to work fairly well. Works for me anyhow. Open to criticism anyone?:blob3:

baddboygeorge
04-08-2003, 02:07 AM
1 dollar a foot i dont give a damn if its new or exsisting an buy the way they didnt buy my brown edger i did an i need to make my money back !!

GarPA
04-08-2003, 06:06 AM
Thanks you two....I think I'm going to go with 70 cents foot for exisiting beds and stay with the $1 on new edges