PDA

View Full Version : Compact tractors.

KB
09-07-2000, 11:32 AM
Does anyone use a tractor for any type of service that you provide? Do you have any experience with any of the "compact" tractors? What are your comments on the New Holland "Boomer" series or any other compact that you may have used.

Eric ELM
09-07-2000, 08:36 PM
If you post this on the Landscaping Forum, you may get more replies. I think I remember reading about this tractor on that forum. I did a search on Boomer, and this the thread. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=2954
Hope this helps.

FIREMAN
09-07-2000, 08:41 PM
NEVER USED A BOOMER, BUT A KUBOTA B- SERIES IS MY # CHOICE....IN MY EXPIERIENCE YOU CAN'T LOSE WITH ONE OF THEM...IT DIGS, HUALS AND LIFTS...PLUS WITH THE THREE POINT HITCH YOU CAN RUN JUST ABOUT ANY KIND OF ATTACHMENT YOU WANT...

stslawncare
09-07-2000, 09:03 PM
hi,
what is your setup right now? i mean what services do u offer? are u thinking of expanding? what size lawns do u have, what are u thinking of using it for? there are tons of things that a compact can be used for! mowing large large areas, installing fences, tilling, trenching, raking, grading, and the list goes on. as to what brand etc, depends on money. also before i go into makes i need to know what u will be using it for. tractors are my favorite things in the world just about, i am very knowledgeable to. i work on a farm and they just purchased a new tractor, we did a lot of homework before the purchase. Let me know some more details etc and i would be more then glad to help u out. also whats your location.
THanks,
Scottie

Scag48
09-07-2000, 11:57 PM
I don't know about the Boomers but I know the Kubota B21 or B35 are a good choice for landscape work. For large mowing, having the B35 would be a better choice. More HP, the faster you can mow. Price is also the key here. I like the JD's too. They have the nice new 4000 series that are awesome. I like the HST pedal transmission. Nice for loader work. I drive a Kubota when we pick apples. It has 27 ponies and does the job. I think that Kubota pretty much has the lead in the compact tractor field. Hope this helps.:)

paul
09-08-2000, 12:32 AM
Kinda like to know what you are needing the tractor for, Grading, loader work, mowing, ect. Then can give you a better idea on what to buy. I like New Holland but if you needed bigger then you can go J. D. or Case. Take it to the landscaping forum and you will get more responses.

southside
09-08-2000, 10:11 AM
The New Holland Boomer is a good unit.I would prefer it over the Kubota.The Boomer has a Shibaura diesel in it,which
I believe has more torque than the "screaming"Kubota diesel.
In the bigger stuff try Ford or Massey Ferguson. JD motors
are high strung and gutless and Case are weak in the gearbox.

Karl

John DiMartino
09-09-2000, 07:48 AM
I have an older Ford 1910 compact,it is a 1985 ,it has about 3700 hrs on it,It is built like a tank.I have had zero problems with the tractor and still use it every day at our golf course.It doesnt use a drop of oil between changes,and still has no hydro leaks.I have run Jubota and New hollands too,I like them both,The things i like about the Kubota are they have a multi-speed PTO,and the fan blows air from the engine out in front of the tractro like a bulldozer does,so in the heat of the day,you dont get even hotter from the hot engine air being puled past you.The things i like about the NEwholland/Ford are that they are a little heavier duty than the Kubota,andd ahve stronger 3 pt hitch lift capacitys,they also have more torque and the 540 pto speed is at 2500 max,on kubota's and JD's its is as high as 3000 RPm's.Shibura makes the ford,Yanmar make the JD,only kubota makes there own.They are all excellent,and the best dealer in your area is probably going to be the deciding factor for you.What ever you do,dont get to small a tractor,I think the NH1920 is about ideal,they have 33hp,ccan be pulled by a 3/4 ton truck and can do most jobs and even mow with up to an 11ft batwing mower.I think the B35 Kubota is also in that size range,with the 950/1050JD.