PDA

View Full Version : Acquiring other Companies accounts????

LoneStarLawn
09-07-2000, 08:06 PM
I would like to know other people's opinion on obtaining accounts that are currently using other companies services. Either obtain them now or get a good jump on them for next year. No i'm not looking to under charge. Should we offer services that they don't? How do we get our foot in the door? The community that I live in has numerous companies doing lawn care. Should we try to obtain accounts there or move on because of the number of companies in the area?
Thanks in advance....

FIREMAN
09-07-2000, 10:01 PM
THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH SOME HEALTHY COMPETITION, SEND UNSOLICITED PRELIMINARY PROPOSALS TO THE OWNERS OF THE PROPERTIES YOU ARE SEEKING. IF YOUR PRICE IS RIGHT AND THEY ARE UNHAPPY WITH THIER CURRENT SERVICE YOU'LL HAVE "YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR" SO TO SPEAK. AND IF THEY ARE PLEASED WITH THE SERVICE THEY ALREADY HAVE THEN YOU DIDN'T WASTE TOO MUCH TIME ON THE EFFORT. ONE WORD OF CAUTION, DON'T OFFER ANY SERVICES, THAT OTHERS DON'T, TO THESE NEW PEOPLE UNLESS YOU ARE KNOWLEDGEABLE ENOUGH ABOUT THEM TO PERFORM THEM COMPETENTLY. DOING SO WILL HURT YOU !!!!

BUSHMASTER
09-08-2000, 01:03 AM
First look at what your going for ..$$$$$ most commercial accounts that i've come across are like this ..there main concerns are what am i paying /what are they doing/and is anyone complaning? Complaining: people within an account can have certain pet peves and relay theses to main cheeze ..his thought uhmmm i only am paying $$$ do i wan to pay more ?i don't have a problem with it not for that money. and blows it off. unless its the basics of maintence.
then its well there doing there contract to spec..ok once again is coftorable with the price...all i'm saying some of my best cold calls to commercial accounts(I don't do cold calls on resi's)were on properties that fell poor in the basic maintence.(stalk your prey for about a month epescailly when its real busy).there for it won't be a matter of money (like it would be if everything was right)but a matter of there not paying enough to recieve the look that you they want.ching -ching$$after all the really big accounts really only come down too 2 things,service and bottom line.

landscaper3
09-08-2000, 01:28 AM
There is enough work for everone out there, put in an honest bid and also put bids out of your area. Commercial business is at an all time high (Here in New England anyway)
like fireman said dont offer services you cant do remember commercial business WILL make you forfill your contract which you should do anyways.

Brian
http://www.nebsnow.com/ideallandscaping

Runner
09-08-2000, 11:09 AM
Bushmaster is right. Look for the places that need the help and don't even bother with the places that look good. That stuff is for the amateurs. I get shown bids all the time that some of my customers get. Some of them for as low as half the cost they are currently paying. I've had the accounts for years- up to ten, and to management, it just isn't worth switching. It's not worth the risk. Atleast with me (and other accounts that have people like me) they know what they are getting.