PDA

View Full Version : Quicken won't allow registration of program

Stonewall
04-07-2003, 09:57 PM
I installed Quicken Home and Business 98 on my laptop (after having it on my desktop for several years). I used it for a while without registering it than finally called to register. A recorded message says that they are no longer registering this edition. Is there any way around this? I have a couple of month's entries for home finances on there and can't find my backup disk. I can upgrade for $80, but would like to save it if I can.

Thanks.

Henry
04-07-2003, 10:14 PM
I just had to upgrade QB 03 because they no longer offer support or tax table updates for 99. I don't think you will be able to get around it at this point. If it was registered before they made it obsolete you wouldn't have had a problem.

bruces
04-08-2003, 09:37 AM
If you still have your desktop with the program on it you might be able to register it if it works the same way as Quickbooks.

If there is an option for registering by telephone, take that option.

Then on your desktop, open the program, go to file, register, then take the telephone option. That might bring up the registration information.

If so, copy down the numbers. Then go to your laotop, open the program, then file, registration, and see if you can type in the numbers.

This works for Quickbooks. I am not sure if it works for Quicken.

If it doesn't, call Quicken support, tell them you have upgraded to a new computer, and see if they can help you out.