PDA

View Full Version : How Long Will the Grass Grow

LoneStarLawn
09-07-2000, 08:21 PM
A huge drought has hit Texas...and of course we have been affected due to water restrictions. The temps. have also been very high. I was wondering, with rain in the forcast will the cutting season be longer if temps stay higher?

Richard Martin
09-07-2000, 09:50 PM
LoneStarLawn wrote:

<B><I>I was wondering, with rain in the forcast will the cutting season be longer if temps stay higher?</B></I>

Possibly but not much longer. The amount of sunlight plants receive has as much to do with growing cycles as does temperature. Remember photosynthesis from junior high school?

BUSHMASTER
09-08-2000, 01:06 AM
Down here south we can still cut a little turf as long as temps stay from 68/69 lows to 80 high holloween turf cuts start to drop and so do the leaves..yipeee "i get to play in the leeeaveeees" hey we don't get to much snow had more rain in june than we get snow..002"heck i know snow i lived in bay shore they don't close the schools until it's up to your waist.

[Edited by BUSHMASTER on 09-08-2000 at 04:11 AM]

Runner
09-08-2000, 10:57 AM
As the grass begins to slow down, we cut higher and higher to bleed out all the cuts we can. Then, we take it down for the winter. By this time, we're HEAVY into fall cleanup.