PDA

View Full Version : Landscaping degree in GA???

Lawnworks
04-08-2003, 10:41 AM
I live in central GA and want to know if any of yall know of any college other than UGA that offers landscape design? I make about 70,000 a year and just cannot leave the money to go to school at UGA. I guess I want a degree in landscape design rather than architecture. My major is accounting right now, and I will have 57 hours after this semester, but I want to change my major to something not so godforsaken boring. I just want to know if yall know of any other colleges besides UGA. Do you have to intern for a landscape design degree?? That would suck.

Cheese burger
04-08-2003, 05:32 PM
Art institute of Atlanta
Abraham Baldwin in tifton

hlgmoney
04-08-2003, 10:00 PM
Clemson is right next door, but it's out of state tuition.

mdvaden
04-09-2003, 12:18 AM
Its interesting how training fits a geographic region. Get you design degree in the area you want to design in for the long haul.

We moved to Savannah from Oregon for an experiment - and I wanted to see the east coast.

Pruning skills transferred very easy, that's rather universal.

But for design, soil knowledge and local insects and diseases, I had at least one hand tied behind my back.

We moved back to Oregon after 8 months. I was trained here, and realized that I could put all my skills to use here.

Currently, I am the only person in Portland that is a landscape designer, that also does pruning and offers tree service.

Hope you succeed in your desire.