PDA

View Full Version : Walker mower dethatcher

landscaper3
09-07-2000, 11:06 PM
Have any of you that have walker mowers have this dethatcher?? they run about $240 up here and where wondering how they work

gene gls
09-08-2000, 12:16 AM
I have the one from JRCO.Haven't used it yet because I haven't had time to play with the adjustment.I know guys that love them.

FIREMAN
09-08-2000, 12:19 AM
IT'S WORTH EVERY PENNY OF 240.....IN MY OPINION IT WORKS BETTER THAN THE JRCO....ALSO ANOTHER POINT...IT SEEMS TO SLOW DOWN A 16 HP MACHINE IF YOU'RE DETHATCHING AND PICKING UP ALL AT ONCE. 20 HP AND UP....NO PROBLEMS

landscaper3
09-08-2000, 12:20 AM
Yeah we run a 25hp one and a 26hp fuily

WALKERMOW
09-08-2000, 01:25 AM
landscaper...i have a dethatcher for my walker and i love it ...it does a great job..it also does a great job on pushing pine straw up in a pile..makes a great pine straw rake..(blades off)
give it a try

landscaper3
09-08-2000, 01:31 AM
Sorry I must be a country bumkin up here in Maine ya know ya cant get there from here, What is pine straw???????

Bri
http://www.nebsnow.com/ideallandscaping

MOW ED
09-08-2000, 11:15 AM
I have both the JRCO for my Toro walkbehind that is used if I need help and I have the Walker dethatcher.
The Walker dethatcher is by far the best. There are no wheels on it to adjust and the simplicity of use is unbeatable. I would highly recommend buying the Walker model. Dethatching for me is a high profit time in the spring and my advise to you is to buy at least 6 extra sets of tines. They are tough and last along time but I go thru about 1 set every spring. You will pay for the thing in 2 or 3 jobs. Good Luck.

Barkleymut
09-09-2000, 06:04 AM
Is it possible to easily attach the Walker dethatcher to a Dixie Chopper or a Walk behind? Also did you buy your dethatcher from a dealer?

MOW ED
09-09-2000, 08:05 AM
Barkleymut,
I am assuming that you wrote the above questions for me.
The Walker dethatcher is made for the Walker deck mounting frame. It is real easy to put on and take off. 10 seconds and no tools, it just hooks on. If you were real good at fabricating, you may be able to figure out a way to mount it on a walkbehind or a Chopper but it may be difficult to do.
Yes I did buy my dethatcher from my Walker dealer and I paid $180.00 3 years ago.