PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound like a good deal???

walker-talker
04-09-2003, 09:27 AM
I passed out around 1200 door hangers last week. They came from postcardwarehouse and really came out nice. Anyway, a lady that works for a local radio station called and left a message on my answering machine. She has a proposition for me. There is some cooking seminar coming to town soon. The seminar is offering a little "goody bag" for all attendees. The targeted market is women from the age of 35 to 64. They are expecting 1600 women. The cost of the promotion is $100 (I am assuming that they are stuffing them). The only thing that worries me is that the purpose of the door hangers in the first place was because I need more mowing accounts. I am sure I will get offers spread throughout the city, which I do not want. That is one of the downfalls. On the upside is that most callers for this industry here in my town seem to be women anyway. Population of my town is 400,000. Another upside is the cost of distribution. It cost me $250 to have 1200 delivered (hired help). I still have around 3800 door hangers left. The seminar won't be until April 29th. I would love to show the door hanger, but I only have it in PDF format and don't know how to post, but they really look sharp. I was just thinking for $100 it is worth a shot to see what happens.

What do you think?
MATT

LB Landscaping
04-09-2003, 01:57 PM
I'd give it a shot Matt, if you get one customer out of it you'd make your money back. Sound interesting!!!

walker-talker
04-09-2003, 04:41 PM
I just spoke with the lady in charge and she is going to fax some information over to me. As of right now, there are no competing companies of this industry in the promotion. Off the 1200 existing door hangers I have only received 2 calls and landed both of them. It has only been a week, so I am hoping that I get more.

MATT

MacLawnCo
04-09-2003, 10:13 PM
Matt, you WILL get more calls. I was initially disapointed, but i have since been justly rewarded.

I would say go ahead and have them handed out at the cooking thing. I would hesitate though that the door hangers have the precut hole in them and that may not look the best. It may be worth your while to have the top portion cut off.

BTW, i am willing to bet you dont get all 5K passed out. I got 5K and only passed out 800. lol I would have jumped at this offer should i have gotten it. As of now, i have 4200 quality peices sitting in my bedroom collecting dust. :rolleyes:

walker-talker
04-09-2003, 10:26 PM
I would not worry about them collecting dust, it's not like you can't use them in the future. I have a guy that passed some out for that works for a national pizza chain. He is schedule to pass out door hanger for them soon. He said he would staple their door hangers to mine and pass both out at the same time. I think this is a good deal also because it will look like I am affiliated with this other company, which is well respected (matter of opinion). I am pretty sure that I will accept that offer with the local radio station.

Thanks for the input
MATT

rodfather
04-10-2003, 04:14 PM
Go for it...what's a hundred bucks?