PDA

View Full Version : advertising in a local paper

NLS
04-09-2003, 03:41 PM
A local community paper that is distributed to 6300 homes is charging 10.00 per week with a 3 month minimum. The advertising will be put in the business directory. Is this a good price and what percentage of feed back can I expect? Thanks for your input:jester:

Bigfoot
04-09-2003, 04:25 PM
I pay around $100 a month for a ad in the service directory of a fairly large paper (they claim 150,000 readers). I get mostly price shoppers from the paper. There are anywhere from 5 to 12 competitor's ads in the directory at any one time. Hope this helps.

T.E.
04-09-2003, 05:17 PM
I put an ad in the service directory of the biggest newspaper in the area 550.00 for 6 weeks and there was 60 something other ads in the sunday april 6th edition. still I get more responses from this venue of advertisement than any other except word of mouth.

walker-talker
04-09-2003, 11:31 PM
I get pretty good result in the newspaper, as long as I advertise each service that I offer. I have experimented with this and came to that conclusion. I have even had people that have called me out of the phone book and I asked why me and they said because I had listed my individual services. As far and community newsletters go, not much luck. But, they were all one time adds.

MATT