PDA

View Full Version : Help me price this job

llama
04-09-2003, 06:53 PM
I went to give an estimate on a trucking terminal. Here are the specifics:

There is approximately 5 acres to be mowed.
The ground is basically flat.
There is one building that is 300' x 300' and another that is 400' x 400' for weedeating, along with about 6 trees.
There is 3 very small islands on the property.
There is approximately 800' of road frontage with a small ditch the whole way (over half can be done with the mower)
The property has a ditch (400') running along the entrance that will need a weedeater.
There is a bank (16' x 200') that cannot be cut with a mower.

I was thinking about $500/cut if it is cut weekly and $600/2 weeks.

Is this price too low?

Thanks for the input

leeslawncare
04-09-2003, 08:14 PM
I try to charge 3.00 per k .Hope that helps.

crawdad
04-09-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by llama
I went to give an estimate on a trucking terminal. Here are the specifics:

There is approximately 5 acres to be mowed.
The ground is basically flat.
There is one building that is 300' x 300' and another that is 400' x 400' for weedeating, along with about 6 trees.
There is 3 very small islands on the property.
There is approximately 800' of road frontage with a small ditch the whole way (over half can be done with the mower)
The property has a ditch (400') running along the entrance that will need a weedeater.
There is a bank (16' x 200') that cannot be cut with a mower.

I was thinking about $500/cut if it is cut weekly and $600/2 weeks.

Is this price too low?

Thanks for the input

What have you got for machines and hired help? How long would it take you, and what are your operating costs? How long will the"weedeater" operator have to work on this property? This sounds like the limiting factor here. how bad do ya want it? ya wanna run a weedeater, or ya wanna run that big machine that you have all of the money invested in? The ditch, and the bank, make this job sound like not too much fun, so I would price it accordingly. Hey, if you have a helper who is a wild man with a weedeater, you could make money. But if you usually work alone, you're gonna be on a bank with a string trimmer when you ought to be out running your moneymaker, be it a scag, exmark, Gravely, DC, whatever.
Fact is, we can't make your quotes, but we'll help you if you give us more info.
Crawdad

llama
04-09-2003, 08:53 PM
I am part of a two-man team. My partner likes weedeating (can't explain that one). We have a 48" Tiger Cub and Echo weedeaters. I am thinking the Tiger Cub would cut all the grass in about 1 1/2-2 hours. The weed eating would take longer than that (I estimate 3 hours). Should I consider hiring another person just to cut down on the weedeating time ($10/hr)? My operating cost include the mower payment ($160), the trailer payment ($50), and the basic supplies. I have time in my schedule on the weekend to do the job. I would really like to get the job to help stabilize the amount of income each week.

KerryB
04-10-2003, 10:58 AM
With my equipment, I would be around $550.00 per week.per cut.
At two weeks it depends on the amount of weeds and the typr of grass. But around $700.00. More wear on equipment and me.