PDA

View Full Version : Question About Mowers?

apalachee
04-11-2003, 01:01 AM
:confused: I am new to the business and currently a part timer. I have 10 accounts and all residential. Most yards are 1/2 to 2 acres in size. I am running a Toro hydr 44" with a sulky, and steel catcher when needed. I like the Toro but it takes to much room on the trailor and the sulky gets in the way. it also does not have the speed and flexibility I need with a sulky attached. i ran across a deal where I can trade my Toro in on a new Great Dane Super surfer 48" and not have to come up with any money. Would this be a good move? I am concerned about the quality of the cut, performance on hills, tearing up the turf, and versitility. any suggestions would greatly appreciated.

Thankyou, Brian
Apalachee Landscaping
Atlanta, Ga

redbull
04-11-2003, 04:24 PM
What type of "sulky" are you using? Toro offers a TRU TRAX that FLIPS up for better storage on a trailer. In my opinion if quality of cut means anything to you, stay with the Toro. You might ask yourself why they are willing to make that kind of deal - remember there are no "fre lunches"

mlyons1
04-06-2008, 04:31 PM
I am new to the lawnsite and enjoy the pictures and reading.Have any of you all raised your lawnmowing prices due to fuel prices and how did you come to your change your price.

Frue
04-06-2008, 06:04 PM
How many hours is the surfer and what are you giving up in turn?

Valk
04-07-2008, 01:13 AM
Uh...this thread was started nearly 5 years ago. :laugh: