PDA

View Full Version : Excavating Trench Time

BRL
04-11-2003, 07:31 PM
I know we've had threads about this in the past but I couldn't find them by searching. Can someone tell me what is an accurate estimate of trenching time? I will be using a Case 580L Extendahoe. The trench will be 18"-24" deep by one bucket width & 280 feet long. The terrain is easy digging (no rocks, shale etc.), no obstructions to worry about. Just trying to get an idea of how long the back hoe part of the job might\should take. Its been a real long time since I dug such a trench, so I can't remember. Thanks for any help.

paul
04-11-2003, 08:13 PM
Ok Just a couple of questions? #1 trench going to be back filled with spoils? #2 are you going to haul off excess? #3 if none of the above are you trucking it off site?

cat320
04-11-2003, 08:16 PM
If I had to guess probably like 1-2 hours or so.That is if your just going a bucket wide and 2 ft deep and just dumping to the side.That is at least what I think I could do it in with my 580L with easy digging.

BRL
04-12-2003, 02:20 PM
Paul,
I didn't write those items down because I know what that part will take. Just returning the spoils. So going by Cat320, me being rusty cause I don't get to play like this often enough, I can safely estimate I'll have it dug before lunch time and will be laying pipe before then also. Thank you.