PDA

View Full Version : insurance for the beginner?

lancestapp
04-12-2003, 12:26 AM
looking for the name and number of companies that insure lawn care. Liability mostly. Just doing this part time at present. I live in kentucky.

reisslawncare
02-25-2007, 11:19 AM
My insurance company told me that I can't get insurance until I have been in the business for a year? I live in Nebraska.

Raven386
02-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Most major companies insure Businesses. Nationwide, State Farm, etc. Just have to keep checking around to see who will give you the best price. IMO i would go no lower than 1 Mil coverage, but if you had to. 500K. Do a search on here for insurance, theres a ton of threads that people have listed prices and companies that they use. Good Luck.

thes
02-25-2007, 11:46 AM
I use Selective Insurance Company http://www.selective.com/ cover landscapers under "contractors".

Their customer service is great...I don't remember ever getting an automated system. :clapping:

Jason Rose
02-25-2007, 12:28 PM
Try to look LOCALLY. Not sure that I would totally trust an onlne company.

Most insurance places can get you business general liability insurance, also a good idea to add to that and get insurance on all your equipment and trailer. Your "homeowners" insurance likely will not cover your stuff that's used in a business, reguardless if it's stored at your house when the event occured or not.

Think ahead too, are you thinking of getting a pesticide license in the future? Is yes, then many companies do NOT have provisions for this available and that narrows your search by a lot. When looking here I only found a few companies that had the "pollution" coverage I needed to obtain my license. Ask if you can get Columbia as your provider from your insurance person. That's who I have and their rates are very reasonable and the coverage is pretty good. Iv'e never made a claim of course. Usually, with ANY provider for liability ins. Once you make a claim you are automatically dropped. Nice, huh?

echeandia
02-25-2007, 12:59 PM
looking for the name and number of companies that insure lawn care. Liability mostly. Just doing this part time at present. I live in kentucky.

My insurance company told me that I can't get insurance until I have been in the business for a year? I live in Nebraska

Both of you just need to get the yellow pages out and call around to local insurance companies/agents.

Cut n Edge Lawncare
02-27-2007, 09:02 AM
www.erieinsurance.com

try these guys its who i use got a million on my business and a million on my truck

rvincent
02-27-2007, 09:32 AM
i got ins. today though my agent. 1mil in coverage for 400 a year, well worth it i think.