PDA

View Full Version : Should I take City Pruning Job

Ray&Christine
04-12-2003, 01:10 PM
I do property maintenance with my husband for a living.We do mostly grass.The weeding jobs and shrubs/hedges etc. on Fridays only.I might be offered job by city.The job is pruning trees from the ground only with long gas powered pruning saw.He said I would be pruning lines of trees approx 10 feet apart that line the city streets all day one after another, maintain them and throwing the branches in a chipper.

He said it is hard work.I am leaning towards not taking it because we hate Fridays because that is when we do hedges all day.We have a long trimmer on a stick and both of our shoulders ache.We know this is part of our job and do this for customers but both of us prefer grass cutting with radio head phones.

Has anyone ever done similiar job am applying for and liked it or is it achy like I said.Please be honest.My husband got a hold of guy doing the job and he said take it it's not that hard.

We will be giving up customers if I take the job and then if I hate it and quit will be in bine(sp).

thanks,
christine

GeoffDiamond
04-12-2003, 06:11 PM
I don't think it will be bad. If its a fairly large city, you will not be working very fast. If its a smaller town, well you will probably be busting hump all day.

Geoff

Mike Bradbury
04-12-2003, 09:42 PM
Hoisting one of those all day long is one of the best arm workouts around!
I'd enjoy it because I'm a big guy and I know my arms would be huge by the end of the summer :)
If that fits you, go for it!:dizzy:

dan deutekom
04-12-2003, 10:27 PM
If you have to ask if it is to hard...... then it will be to hard for you!