PDA

View Full Version : Using bed edgers on gardens

mickpeg
04-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Has anyone used one of the bed edging machines to edge gardens? If so, how well do they work?
Thanks
Mickpeg

GarPA
04-13-2003, 05:54 AM
I use the Brown bed edger all the time...when you say "gardens" I assume you mean planting beds? If the edge is still is pretty good shape I "refresh" the edge by hand. If the edge is gone of if you're installing a new edge, the machine is wonderful...once you use it you'll never want to install new edges by hand again. Rental here is only $65per day and it pays for iteself within the first hour you use it.

BTW you'll find on this site that when you post a landscape ? you will likley get only a few (if you're lucky), responses. Wish it weren't that way but thats been my experience...Now if you ask a ? about mower blades, or striping, etc you'll get buches of replies..

Harleyman
04-13-2003, 07:56 AM
we run a turfco bed edger on all our jobs, and it does a great job. It is a cheap machine to purchase the blades are a little wimpy but we got 2 years out of our first blade then i miged a new heavy duty one on the old blade so it should last 4-5 years.
I purchased the turco because of price and wanted to see how one worked, now that i know if i purchase another one i will step up to a higher priced machine.:blob1:

mickpeg
04-13-2003, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the info.

Do these machines do as clean a job as by hand?
mickpeg

Little Guy
04-13-2003, 09:57 AM
The brown edger will cut clean for sure the other needs some coordination

Good Luck Lg

Harleyman
04-13-2003, 08:50 PM
The turfco cuts a great edge all you have to do is pick up cut material when you are done.

baddboygeorge
04-13-2003, 11:13 PM
whats the price on that turfco model thanks

Harleyman
04-14-2003, 11:16 PM
Try www.turfco.com i think they have there prices on there site.