PDA

View Full Version : Plant Growth Regulators???

turfman99
09-09-2000, 04:18 PM
Any one have any experience with the new generation plant growth regulators for turf?? Been doing some research.

I got about 20 acres I'd like to slow down next year.

John DiMartino
09-09-2000, 06:27 PM
if you use them on highly manitained grass be aware that the rate of absorbtion of the plant will change too,making pesticide applications and fertilizing application timing critical.I am debating using them now too,but i have a lot of turf damage being done at all times,and I am afraid that reduced growth will mean the damage will take a lot more time to regrow.

bob
09-09-2000, 09:35 PM
I used Primo for the first time this year. I primarly used it for edging purposes were Round-up would not be acceptable. The grass got thicker and darker were I applied it. It's pricy. One quart was around $115. You use 3/4 to 1 oz per gallon. It lasted between 6 to 8 weeks.

Runner
09-11-2000, 09:32 AM
I'd like to use it around ALL my weed whipping areas! That would cut that time down significantly. Every other week or so.

crew
09-11-2000, 06:22 PM
If you use the search option you will find lots of discussion on that topic.You may want to try the pesticide applicators forum, again using the search option.
I,ve tried primo and tis really touchy!Too much and it makes grass change colors,not enough and its big money down the drain.I am going to try again next year early in the season when the payoff would be there.I am also going to try low dose of broadleaf herbacide tank mixed with it because primo has no effect whatsoever on weed growth.

Chip
09-11-2000, 06:41 PM
WOW!
The lightbulb just went off. I have a Church that I cut which includes a cemetry. The Cemetry takes about 2.5 man hrs of weedwacking. If I can cut the weedwacking to once a month with an application of this growth inhibter it would definately be worth the price and wear and tear the cemetry puts on my weedwacker.