PDA

View Full Version : MONSTER MOWER - MUST SEE!!!!

steveair
09-09-2000, 08:33 PM
Well, they have really lost there marbles now.

This is the solution they came up with for the 26 ft reach arm mower we purchased 4 months ago.

We are all in dis-belief in the shop.......

The arm is so big, it was almost tipping the old tractor over so they (the "good" people who sold it to us) had to come up with something and this was it......don't know about this.....

I'm definitely fastening my seat-belt on the first day out!

By the way, anyone know of any good drag strips that allow tractors to run?

http://content.communities.msn.com/isapi/fetch.dll?action=get_album&ID_Community=Stevesairportpage&ID_Topic=5

[Edited by steveair on 09-10-2000 at 12:55 AM]

bob
09-09-2000, 08:37 PM
I'd love to see it, but I get an "error" page when I click on your hyperlink.

dhicks
09-09-2000, 08:49 PM
Using your URL, the website says:

Hmmm, we can't find that page...
The page you're looking for might have been moved or deleted. Or, perhaps the Web address is misspelled?

Oh well. I can't wait to see your ride.

steveair
09-09-2000, 08:56 PM
Ok, is fixed now, so it should work up top.....hopefully.

steveair

bob
09-09-2000, 09:00 PM
That looks like something Tim Allen would build!

landscaper3
09-09-2000, 09:02 PM
What do you do with the parked cars and street signs (HIDE YOUR ANIMALS AND CHILDREN)

Banzaitoy
09-09-2000, 09:06 PM
Nope not yet

Eric ELM
09-09-2000, 09:12 PM
Looks neat Steve

southside
09-10-2000, 02:50 AM
Looks wild. Most people would use wheel weights and front
counter weights. Hate to see the price tag on those rear
tyres. Be a pain going through gates.

Karl

dhicks
09-10-2000, 07:29 AM
Nice.......

cos
09-10-2000, 11:37 AM
you own the road dude.

thelawnguy
09-10-2000, 01:43 PM
I cant view your picture, but the state DOT, for roadsides, uses long boom mowers hung on the right of the tractors, and on the left side is the 50 gal hydraulic reservoir for balance.

steveair
09-10-2000, 03:03 PM
Hello,

some info on the tractor for all of you.

We use to have a smaller rear mount boom (14ft reach) but needed the extra reach to maintain 'swamp' lands adjacent to our taxiways and runways, so this is what we go, the biggest thing we good.

Our tractor is a case 5130, and we also use it to mow with. It pulls a 20 ft batwing. This is why we couldn't go with a side-mount boom. They are basically 'dedicated' attachments, and once they are on, we would have to spend a LOT of time swithching it back and forth. We need the tractor also in the winter, to use the loader for snow, and the mid-mount would require the removal of the loader hook-up, so again, another reason to go with the rear mount.

Now about the tires. At first, we had the tractor set up with all kinds of weights, front, tire wts, calcium filled tires, etc, but not enough. We thought about a double rear tire set up, but they said these monster tires would be cheaper.

As to the weight of the arm, its HEAVY. Like 6k+. When out fully, its like running a extendahoe backhoe without the stabilizers down, tipping all over.

The tires will hopefully solve the problem, but we'll see........I don't think it will......but then again, I just work there and its not my money.......lol.

The tires are close to 5ft tall and 44 inches wide in case your wondering. They are actually old 'monster' truck tires that a company grinds/reshapes and then builds custom rims to fit your machine. Cost was around 4500 for the pair. They are mainly intended for the golf industry, where very low ground pressure is required.

steveair

little green guy
09-10-2000, 05:20 PM
Thats a serios machine. Our town has a machine like that but it's like 1/4 the size.

about the dragstrip, I think the truck races at English Town are next week, mabey they'd let you bring that. =)

kenneybros
09-10-2000, 05:52 PM
No need to open the gate just put a junk car infront of it and jump over the gate!
If those full monster truck tires then they are 66" tall

paul
09-10-2000, 06:54 PM
Steveair I gess I'm going to have to e-mail our little tractor to you, sorry it doesn't have tires that big just four tracks:)

BRL
09-10-2000, 10:12 PM
I used to work for an electrical contractor and we did a job where we had to dig up the base of high tenension line towers and regalvanize them. Half of the towers were in swamps so we had a machine that that tractor reminds me of. The tires were 6 feet tall and were wider than that (probably 7' - 8'. We had a large back hoe mounted to the back and basically had a blast riding through the woods & thick mud trying to get to the jobs all summer. Steve, if you put those tires on that tractor you could go back to the smaller boom & just ride right on through your swamps with no problem!

bob
09-10-2000, 10:47 PM
Steve, Can I borrow your mower? I have some old lady customer who complains that my Grasshopper is to big. I want to see her reaction when I drive this beast around her yard! :)