PDA

View Full Version : Exmark W/B's

Scag48
09-09-2000, 09:53 PM
I know that there are alot of guys on here that have Exmark and like them but I qwould like to know how they cut and what the heck is the difference between them and Toro. I know that Toro bought out Exmark but what is the difference is cutting quality for w/b's? I would really like to know the pros and cons of each machine because I'm looking at an upgrade from 21" nightmare to 48" heaven. Thanks guys.

RYAN
09-09-2000, 10:19 PM
By your name I thought you were already using a 48 inch scag. Anyways I believe exmark is the best all around commercial mower. Don't bother with anything else

[Edited by RYAN on 09-10-2000 at 01:37 PM]

snow
09-09-2000, 10:31 PM
well, i put new blades, a belt and a rod on my exmark and cut my lawn in 8 minutes (used to take 35 w/ a 21") and a cut a customers in the same amount of time, which also used to take the same amount with a 21 incher. i got a very good deal on mine. i'm also getting a brand new 4x8' landscape trailer with side, a ramp, lights, etc for free. you have to know the right people, and you can get a good deal scag. shop around and demo before you buy. good luck.

bryan

Eric ELM
09-09-2000, 10:38 PM
Why don't you get a Scag 48 so you don't have to change your name? Sure makes sense to me. :)

landscaper3
09-09-2000, 10:56 PM
Im not an exmark basher but 1month ago we bought a exmark 48" full floating deck walk behind HATED how it steared and went and retured it and gonna get another Toro with the T-Bar stearing much much smoother turns (why becuse im use to the toro tbar and thing it was smoother turning and my fore arms dont get sore like they did with the finger stearing)

Ocutter
09-09-2000, 11:19 PM
Scag- get the exmark. Ive had a few mowers Snapper,Toro,and Scags. My first mower was an exmark and still use it to this day (6 yrs). Cuts perfectly in wet or dry.

65hoss
09-10-2000, 03:34 AM
Differences in eXmark and Toro??? Well this is what I can tell you:

Exmark has no maintenance spindles with 3 yrs warrenty.
Toro has same spindles but must be greased with 3 yr warrenty. Personally I don't care to try to get the grease correct. Had very bad experience with spindles not be greased enough. So 1 for exmark.

Exmark has deeper cutting deck. Seems to mulch better in taller grass. 2 for exmark.

Blade tip speed is the same for both units.

Controls on exmark are the pistol grip and t-bar for Toro. I haven't used the t-bar for extended period. So, that would be a personal preference.

Price:
exmark entry level=1999
toro entry level=2399

Eric