PDA

View Full Version : My Insurance Agent is 2 bricks shy of a load!!!!

turfmaster90
04-15-2003, 11:37 AM
Talked to my insurance agent to find out why they increased my business insurance over 120 %. His reply was "Well you didn't have a claim last year
so you are do for one." I shopped around for some insurance and located a agent who will write a 2 million policy for 600.00 per year. It will cover all my equipment also.

I called my agent and told him I was accepting insurance bids for my business. He said "What"
I said "I will be accepting bids until next Thursday." He said, "I thought we had a good relationship." I told him "Business is business"
When and if he sends me the quote that surely will have the increase of 120 % I will send it back to him with a note saying "Sorry we have accepted another bid. We didn't take bids last year so we were due to take bids."

I'll be going with Erie Insurance. The saved me $300.00 for the upcoming year.

:D :D

LB Landscaping
04-15-2003, 01:12 PM
They raised your insurance and you didn't have a claim last year?? Thats sounds pretty scetchy to me. Insurance shopping definatly pays off.

rodfather
04-15-2003, 05:04 PM
Find a broker who represents and write policies for many insurance companies. That's just what we just did and saved a ton on Workmans Comp.

Tharrell
04-19-2003, 07:46 AM
Kool response to your agent! Sometimes I think the insurance industry is owned by the mob. Hey, it's a protection racket isn't it? Their logic is the same as a bank. That's probably why a lot of companies self insure when they can.

Mike Bradbury
04-19-2003, 09:40 AM
I read that business insurance rates will average a 50% increase this year over last!
They lost their *ss in the stock market with OUR money and now it is MANDATED that they rates their rates to make their GUARANTEED PROFITS.

hustlers
04-20-2003, 06:30 PM
i dispise all insurance scams,

they are good but very crooked, they make so much money
its pathetic.

When you pay your 1000 for insurance your agent puts 600
in his pocket, and 400 pays for the policy

talk about easy money

cos
04-20-2003, 10:50 PM
I have to shop around due to mine going out of business. I have until may 15th.

LawnGuy73
04-24-2003, 11:38 PM
Ours went up too, what a joke..

DLCS
04-25-2003, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by turfmaster90

I called my agent and told him I was accepting insurance bids for my business. He said "What"
I said "I will be accepting bids until next Thursday." He said, "I thought we had a good relationship." I told him "Business is business"

:D :D

LMAO, I like that comeback.

KirbyKLC
04-28-2003, 11:17 PM
:confused: :confused: Why are we whinng here?? Why are we in business???

And the answer is:

The same reason the insurance company, your mower dealer, your truck and trailer dealer, the gas station, and anyone else is in business; TO MAKE SOME $$$$$!!!

You did what you need to do--- shop around. Just like some of our customers do if they don't like the price increases that we give them.

NYRookie
05-01-2003, 09:55 PM
Turfmaster90, I also have Erie Ins., for the business and for the commercial truck ins. My ins went up $80 in 1 year, no claims. They told me everyone was going up from 9/11. I now pay $1100 for $1,000,000 landscaping/snowplowing ins. My agent is actually a nice guy and he has sent me a couple of jobs.