PDA

View Full Version : Mowing In Circles

Sammy
09-10-2000, 12:58 AM
Was bored Friday so I thought I would try something differant. Last job was a large "L" shaped lawn. I mowed it in three parts. Two I mowed in a circle, the last one I mowed in a zig-zag pattern. It was getting dark so not sure how they turned out. Property is a vacant manufacturing site. Sometimes I experiment with differant patterns on this site because owner has not been there in over a year. Where do the rest of you experiment ?

Scag48
09-10-2000, 11:02 AM
I try out all my stuff at home. I haven't done anything other than stripe in different directions.:)

geogunn
09-10-2000, 04:10 PM
I have mowed my front lawn in circles before. as I recall, I was drinking beer at the time. I think.

GEO

steveair
09-10-2000, 04:35 PM
I've been working on a zig-zag lighting bolt kind of pattern out on the airfield for the past couple of months.

Not too good so far. Think I have to get the airport to buy me a better mower so I can get the effect down.

All jokes aside, I think this is a interesting topic. In this business, being different does sell. If you can mow a pattern that looks good, no one else can do, and that someone sees and says 'that looks good', then that leads to more business. They don't mow baseball fields like they do because they are bored. they do it because they know that is what people have come to expect.

I've always thought there would be a time when companies would start advertising as 'distinctive' mowing companies, doing all sorts of crazy designs and patterns. With the new equipment we have today, I can see it being a future market.

Maybe I'll try to get in touch with those aliens who leave all those crop circles in farmers corn fields. I don't think they have a clue on what kind of money they could be making..........

steveair

bob
09-10-2000, 07:30 PM
I've done the circle pattern at home. Do it fast and get dizzy!