PDA

View Full Version : ?? for Hydroseeding Pros

turfquip
04-15-2003, 09:48 PM
All right, here's the scoop.

My new T-60 is full of slurry right now. You see, I clogged it today on the first batch....my mistake, not the machine's.

After excellent customer support from Finn, I was able to remedy the problem and go ahead spray a small 1000 s.f. repair job before dark but I still have a 4500 s.f. job to do in the morning.

The rep says seed will remain viable after as much as three days sitting in a slurry suspension, unsprayed.

What do you guys say? Should I go ahead and spray the load in the morning or dump it and start fresh? I know one method of pregermination is to soak seed overnite, so what I'm hoping to be able to do isn't too much of a stretch.

What say ye?

paul
04-15-2003, 11:05 PM
Shoot it............. :)

turfquip
04-15-2003, 11:09 PM
Thank you!

That's what I hoped to hear :D

The Good Earth
04-15-2003, 11:21 PM
No sweat!! I screw stuff up like that all the time!!!! If I had to pitch every batch I have left like that I would be broke as a joe!! :D Of course it isn't all my fault. Some of my playbabies (employees) aren't exactly rocket scientists!!

turfquip
04-16-2003, 07:57 AM
Thanks Jay!

Jerryjks
04-16-2003, 01:06 PM
Not a problem using what's in the tank but if you used the hose and it sits overnight you might not be happy. We flush the hose with clear water. If that is not possible make sure both ends of the hose are closed so the water can't leak out or evaporate.

turfquip
04-16-2003, 06:46 PM
Thank you jerryjks, welcome to LawnSite!