PDA

View Full Version : Garden maint. included monthly?

guntruck
09-10-2000, 10:47 AM
As my bro said in the ealier thread (syzer) we are about o hopefully take on our first account. Not much reply to his thread =( , but i guess we'll do the best we can , 1 question thats bugging me. This is a commercial account with 4 large flower gardens in front of building that will need to be maintained they need it now!! so mulching in the spring and in the fall ill just add that $$ on the monthly bill but the day to day maint. of weeding and so forth how much monthly should we add on for that service????? Thanks guys

Eric ELM
09-10-2000, 11:19 AM
It's sort of hard to give you two any help since Chris first said it's about 1 acre to 1.5 acres with lots of sidewalk to edge and now your saying it has 4 large flower beds. It would sure help if you let us know how many lin. ft. of sidewalk and curbs to edge, how much grass there is to mow exactly, how many sq. ft. of flower beds your talking about. To some guys a large lawn is a 1/4 acre, especially if your cutting it with a 21", but to me, that is a tiny lawn compared to what we mow. So let us know some measurements on what your doing. Get a measuring wheel and come back with some numbers. As Chris said in his post, 1 or 1.5 acres, that is 1/2 acre difference which could be equal to to LARGE lawns to some guys. There have been lost of posts in the past on how to figure all this. Figure out how long it will take to mow it, edge it, weed the gardens and then take the time to do all this times what you 2 figure you need to make an hour to make money.

guntruck
09-10-2000, 11:28 AM
ok thats what we'll do but the flower gardens have nothing to do with the 1-1.5 acres my bro said was there ??? it simply has 4 large flower bes in addition my main question i thought was simple what is commonly charged for weeding and so forth on garden maintenance??? we will get measurements

Eric ELM
09-10-2000, 12:00 PM
It is simple, what ever you charge per hour times how long it will take you to get all the weeds out of the unknown size of the area of flowers. It also depends on how many weeds are there, how often you do this, and if you put any weed preventitive down.

Charles
09-10-2000, 01:35 PM
Like Eric said, there is no common charge for flower beds. Really we don't have book rates for anything. If they have to have a job price. You have to just guess how long it will take you. Know how much you need an hour and give a price and hope you are close. Without any experience this is about all you can do. Their are some previous post on how to figure up how much mulch or bark you will need. And guess how long it will take you to apply it. Find how much mulch and bark cost in your area

SJR Lawncare
09-10-2000, 10:32 PM
If you are planning to blow leaves in the fall, you may not want to mulch in the fall. You will probably blow most of the mulch out. I try to wait till spring.
SJR

BRL
09-12-2000, 11:52 AM
This goes against what Charles said but... If you are inexperienced and uncomfortable with determining how long these tasks take, you may want to get one of the estimating books by the consultants that used to post here. I don't have either of them, but past threads I've read about them said they are both good to use for general reference of standard times to mow, edge, trim, blow, etc. etc. But you will have to buy the measuring wheel & measure the square footage of the flower beds, turf, etc. and the linear footage for trimming, etc., in order to use the information. Good luck.
http://www.greenindconsulting.com/
http://www.turfquip.com/nilsson.html