View Full Version : how to get a tax id

04-16-2003, 01:40 AM
right now my business taxes go under my social security number and i wanted to get a seperate tax id for my business and wanted to know how to go about this

04-16-2003, 06:11 AM
I just did the same thing. There is one form to fill out, my accountant had it and took care of it. It takes about 2 weeks to get the number back. If you do your own books, you can still call any accountant and they can prepare it. Generally runs $20 for the preparation. good luck!

swing blade
04-16-2003, 09:37 AM
you can do it yourself over the phone if you don't mind holding for a while. It is an easy form to fill out. go to www.irs.gov and print out the SS-4 form which is to apply for an employee identification # . this is all you need to submit. I did mine over the phone and I got it in about 20 minutes

hope this helps you

swing blade

Mike Bradbury
04-17-2003, 03:01 AM
fill it out online at their website :):blob2:

04-17-2003, 08:23 PM
i printed out the form but it doesn't say where i need to send it.. what was the number that u used to do it over the phone?