PDA

View Full Version : John Deere 4000 ten series

GreginAlaska
04-16-2003, 08:35 AM
Does anybody have any experience with a John Deere 4210, 4310 or 4410 with Ehydro and 4WD? How do you like it? What do you do with it?

Thanks

morturf
04-17-2003, 03:58 AM
I have 2 4410's. I love them both. I use them for lawn installs, grading, tilling, mowing, sweeping, and bucket work. It is an awesome machine. Works like a charm. The power is great, I had 4400 and 955 prior. I much prefer these. If you have any specific questions i would be happy to answer..
mike

GreginAlaska
04-18-2003, 12:42 AM
Thanks Mike, I do have a question. Do you use turf tires or? Can you turn on turf without doing too much damage?
Thanks
Greg

GreginAlaska
04-18-2003, 07:08 AM
What is the smallest size area you mow with it?

Does the Ehydro work as advertised? Does it work reliably?

Thanks

morturf
04-18-2003, 06:28 PM
Greg,
Yes I have Turfs. I find them to work just fine in all situations. This machine does no damage in 2wd and very little in 4wd on grass when doing full crank turns. I don't like the indust/ag tires because I do a lot of work on formal lawns. You must be careful, the model before this, the 4400 had front axle problems that did huge, HUGE amounts of damage to grass. I got an axle replacement and it was fine.
As far as the area i mow, I have a lawn at home that is 23K. It worked just fine on it, I have a 72 inch mower. My buddy has a 60 inch mower and his a little more maneuverable but i can mow my large yard (5 acres) much faster.

The power is really very well administered with this machine. The E-match works very well. I sometimes turn it off when I am doing the last fine grade so I can tell if i am pulling too much dirt. I really like the pedal pressure, it is light and easy. I had a small glitch in my computer on the one and they fixed it and it is now fine.....the glitch was from day one, and not on the other so it was not a big deal. This machine is really great for loader work, it runs like a dream. I think of it as my Swiss Army knife.

Any more questions......ask away,
mike

GreginAlaska
04-19-2003, 12:25 AM
Thanks for the info!

I did think of another question. :-)

The JD website says the Ehydro has 3 ranges but it doesn't say how you switch between them. Is it a manual lever, pushbutton or is it automatic????

We had a New Holland 1530 that had three ranges in HST. It was very sticky to change and my wife grew to dislike it.

Which makes me think of another question.

Is the 3 point hitch control smooth? The NH was not, in fact it was quite jerky.

Thanks again!

morturf
04-19-2003, 11:28 AM
The 3-point is very smooth. the adjustment is easy as far as drop and implement weight. As far as the range adjustment, it is a manual lever. but the thing is easy to use. I feel it is smooth, and concise. I like it much.
good luck
mike

GreginAlaska
04-20-2003, 06:03 AM
Thanks Mike

:)

Weedburner
04-22-2003, 11:29 PM
I hope this E-Hydro works out well, I just ordered a new 4710 in trade for my reliable old 2040. I wanted front wheel drive and the hydro. i looked hard at the 5030 Kubota, but I have a good Deere dealer.

rwp
03-24-2004, 01:01 PM
JD 4710?Help!
I own a 4710 ehydro tractor and don't know if I have a problem.
My dealer is not helpful. When on the slightest of slopes it rolls immmediately or soon after removing foot from forward pedal. The machine has less than 200 hrs.On any moderate slope it will run away.I have some other issues with my 48 backhoe and am hoping to find some 4710 owners to be able to inform myself before going back to the dealer,who has no experience with this model.

NEPSJay
03-24-2004, 10:37 PM
rwp,

on that tractor the brake pedals are on the left.... hold them in till you push travel pedal in and it "grabs" then you wont roll.

raintreelawns
03-25-2004, 01:52 PM
4310 4wd EHydro

I have had it for almost a year now (over 100 hours) with no complaints. I use it to mow my own 7 acres and use it in my landscaping business.

The EHydro's 3 ranges are basically gears...low, medium and high...you cannot change between these on the fly...you have to be at a complete stop...Not to big of a deal...I use low while using my front end loader and depending on what I have attached to the 3-point.

The 3-point for me is very smooth and I can change equipment out fairly quick. I use a 6 foot finish mower, 51" tiller, box blade, landscape rake.

Hope this helps...

robgvt
08-04-2005, 07:20 PM
JD 4710?Help!
I own a 4710 ehydro tractor and don't know if I have a problem.
My dealer is not helpful. When on the slightest of slopes it rolls immmediately or soon after removing foot from forward pedal. The machine has less than 200 hrs.On any moderate slope it will run away.I have some other issues with my 48 backhoe and am hoping to find some 4710 owners to be able to inform myself before going back to the dealer,who has no experience with this model.
How did things turn out? I have a 4310 4wd and left front seal is leaking. Do anyone know if it is a hard job to fix?
Thanks,

coastallandscapesolutions
08-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Does anybody have any experience with a John Deere 4210, 4310 or 4410 with Ehydro and 4WD? How do you like it? What do you do with it?

Thanks

Got a 4720 e-hydro 4wd and love it. We do everything with it from laying sod to loading mulch. It is awesome.

True Cut Lawn Maintenance
08-04-2005, 10:17 PM
Hey weedburner, is your dealer by chance Martin Brothers?

great place, drove 200 miles each way as they were the only ones with a snow place for my deere

start2finish
08-11-2005, 08:00 PM
We have a 4600 JD and the front seals have gone out 4 times, they told us that the tractor was in deep mud and that's what cut the seals. What the he*l else do you do with a 4wd tractor. Mow the yard????????????

luckylawnboy
05-29-2006, 08:55 PM
How is the power of the new 4720 tractors. I would like to get one and run a 12'- 15' rear batwing finish mower does this tractor have the power to run this mower. And can a 72 midmount 7-iron deck be mounted as well.

FearThisDeere
05-30-2006, 08:09 AM
I have a 2005 4310. I l love this tractor. It is so easy to use and there is little that it can't do. I use it on the farm and to grade my long gravel driveway. It doesn't get used too often, but it sure does come in handy when needed. I wish the bucket was bigger, but that is what you get with compact. You can never have too big of a bucket. It also like to tip a little, so just watch yourself and your all set. It just turned 110 hours yesterday and not a problem yet. Still looks brand new. I wash it more than my truck!

murray83
05-31-2006, 08:07 PM
how did the deere compare to other tractors of the same size say kubota and new holland?

Scott's Mowing LLC
02-20-2007, 05:37 PM
the 4720 handles our 14ft batwing great the hydro is awsome i would recomend getting the top and tilt kit and the cruise option if you dont already have it