PDA

View Full Version : Why did my grass die over the winter?

Gabby
04-16-2003, 02:55 PM
My house is on a wooded lot and the front lawn gets a good amount of sun, but the back lawn gets only a few hours a day. The back lawn died on me this winter and 2 winters ago. It did not die last year because we did not get any snow to speak of. The 2 years it did die we got alot of snow. The problem I think is that come fall because it is somewhat shaddy the grass stays damp. When winter comes and we get snow the weight of the snow seems to kill the gras. When all the snow melted this spring my grass was all flat and pushed into the dirt. I raked it all out and it is all dead looking with very little green grass. Can any of you give me any suggestions. What can I do to stop this, I do not want to have to reseed the back lawn after every winter it snows. Are there any professionals in my area that can give me some advise. Thanks.

Green Pastures
04-16-2003, 04:18 PM
1. This is not the forum for homeowner questions.

2. I suggest posting in the "Homeowner Assistance Forum".

Gabby
04-17-2003, 09:31 AM
I wanted to post it here to try and get an answer from the pros. Anyone?

Fvstringpicker
04-17-2003, 09:43 AM
Could be a myraid of problems ranging from wrong grass to fungus/disease. Best have professional look at it.

IBGreen
04-17-2003, 09:50 AM
:mad:

Green Pastures
04-17-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Gabby
I wanted to post it here to try and get an answer from the pros. Anyone?

If you post it in the "Homeowners Assistance Forum" you WILL get more replies.

Let me explain.

"Pro's" who wish to give free advice will go to that forum to try and help people out. "Pro's" will most likely NOT give out free advice in the wrong forum, and this is the wrong forum for giving advice to a homeowner.

Some "Pro's" do not and will not give any advice to any homeowner for whatever reason, especially over the net. And this forum is the place where all of them hang out. Why? You ask.

Say somethings wrong with your car, you take it to a mechanic and he tells you "Oh, it's just your thingamajig, it's easy to fix, here's what you do....." He just lost a sale and profit, and still has to pay his help and the light bill.

Same thing with landscapers, if we tell you what the problem is, (and we really can't with the limited information you've provided,) some landscaper in your area is out of a job. Or if you do decide to give a local landscaper the job, but he comes up with a different solution to the problem, you might say..."well somebody else told me it was this....", causing him more grief.

Just go to the "Homeowner Assistance Forum" and post the same question, give us a few more details, and someone will try to help you.