PDA

View Full Version : Vines out of control

LB Landscaping
04-16-2003, 10:20 PM
Is there anything you can do about vines that have taken over a grouping of trees??? One corner of a customers lawn has a cluster of trees and there are vines everywhere. They have gotten so out of control that they have made it up to the tops of some of the trees, were talking like 30 feet. Is there anyway to combat this problem with out ruining the trees.

landscaper3
04-16-2003, 10:49 PM
Hey guy! We have a property on the cape that has vines going up and down the 6' wall and shrubs, I have found the old manual labor of yanking those %#@*'s out is the best way or they grow right back up!

LB Landscaping
04-16-2003, 10:56 PM
Hey Brian, These are wrapped around trees like you wouldn't believe, its a tangled mess. The vines look like a slinky going up the trees. He has tryed pulling but no way, they aren't moving. I think we are just going to clear out as much of the smaller trees and saplings that we can and clean the vines off of the larger trees. Should be fun!!!

landscaper3
04-16-2003, 11:00 PM
Call Stearling lawn control tommorow see if they can help. They do alot of our fertilizing and may have a solution.

AL Inc
04-16-2003, 11:08 PM
LB- If you cut the vines at the base, wait a few weeks for them to dry out, and they will be much easier to pull down. Depending on the customer, you may want to get a climber in to get up there and pull all the stuff down. I've dealt with this before, I agree, it is not fun! Good luck, Mike

LB Landscaping
04-16-2003, 11:18 PM
Thanks guys!!!!!

Mike Bradbury
04-17-2003, 03:07 AM
You've got to look closely and see what vines on on the outside of the masses and get those off, it will gradually unravel as you pull the outside vines off.