PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else from BC Canada??

windmill
04-21-2003, 05:06 PM
I don't see a lot of Canadians on here let alone those who are from BC.
Anyone out there????:blob4:

Rob8202
06-19-2003, 06:11 PM
I am Rob and I am from Richmond, BC.

windmill
06-19-2003, 07:53 PM
Welcome aboard Rob I think that we are about the only ones on here from BC (My son Chris from Grasshoppers is on here too). This is a great resource and I'm looking forward to seeing your posts.
Do you have a landscape company or are you working for one?

randosh4
06-19-2003, 10:49 PM
I am also from B C .Randy`s Yard Care . Kelowna B C :blob1:

Rob8202
06-20-2003, 10:43 AM
No, I am not working for any landscaping company. But, I am working on developing a plan to start up my own business by December. I do cut yards for my neighbor on a weekly basis.

windmill
06-20-2003, 11:05 AM
Hi Randy, We're not too far apart and it's great to see another BC company on here. Keep in touch from time time.
Good to see you're puting a plan together for your company Rob. Are you doing it through Community Futures? My son went through that program and it did him a world of good. He started three years ago and now has two full time and one part time worker, and loads of equipment. There are times though that he wishes he could just work an eight hour day, but then I think most owners do.
It's hard work but if you love it you will hardly notice.

Rob8202
06-20-2003, 11:25 AM
I certainly do love the work. I haven't heard of community futures. Thank you, I will look into that.

Rob8202
06-21-2003, 02:51 PM
I have a question I want to post.

What kind of revenue would I be able to generate if I were to service only lawn care? Ie: mowing, trimming, fertilizing and edging?

Or more diverse business such as, mowing, trimming, edging, fertilizing, mulch deliveries, trim, installation, and removal of small trees, brushes, plants, and also during the fall and winter, gutter cleaning/repair, leaf removal, winter prep for the yard, and pressure wash.

I wanted to know because of the location, I am in Vancouver BC, Canada so its different from the other areas.

I wanted to know as part of my plan I am developing because I realized that the more diverse the business gets, I'd have to pay higher overhead, and higher equipment maintenance. I am planning to own and operate the business on my own with the help of a accountant to handle my finances.

I know you guys can't give me a define answer because I didn't tell you the cost of fuel, what kind of equipment I have, vehicle and trailer. So, I'd be fine with assumptions and guesses based on your experiences as I will get a defined answer eventually on my own, I just want to have some guidance on where to go at to find the information I need.

Yes, I know I will generate a lot of revenue the more diverse my business could get. I just want to plan it smartly and carefully.

Greenhaul lawn pro
09-28-2005, 11:37 PM
I'm located In Kelowna, BC.
Nick...Greenhaul Lawn Pro...

windmill
09-29-2005, 12:56 AM
Hey Greenhaul, just a little south of me. :) Not on THIS site too often but welcome to the site.