PDA

View Full Version : How Often with Scotts Plus2 in GA Feskew

therock
04-23-2003, 07:59 PM
I live 30 miles N of Atlanta and have Kentucky 31 Feskew. I found out you gotta pre-emerg before the end of Feb here and missed it so I am fighting weeds. Not doing too bad with first application but want to apply one more time before it gets too hot and dry. How long should I wait? It's been almost a month ago now.
I put it down 3-20-03.

therock

strickdad
04-24-2003, 10:13 AM
as a general rule you should wait 6 weeks. what are the numbers on the bag?

turnipgreen
04-24-2003, 05:15 PM
You may want to switch to using a liquid, and spot treat the weeds if they aren't too bad. I've had better luck with the sprays in general (over the weed and feeds), and you can be sure you are getting it on the weeds without waiting for a rainstorm or heavy dew.

therock
04-24-2003, 06:50 PM
Strickdad, I looked the bag over and can't find any data.
Turnipgreen, can you suggest a product?

Thanks, therock

turnipgreen
04-25-2003, 02:39 PM
If you go to just a local store like Home Depot, I wouldn't suggest much. They do have a product, I think its called Image, that was supposed to be useful but is hard to find.

A couple years back I went to a local feed and seed, and they were able to point me to some products made by Hi-Yeild, one for broadleaf and one for grassy. I honestly don't remember how well they did, I don't really have a weed problem but don't remember if it killed them or if between then and now the pre-emergent kicked in.

This year I do have problems in my yard where is borders with my neighbors. Several dandelions, clover, a few others mixed in for good measure. We have a local Lesco service center, so I actually went to see what they had. I bought a gallon of something called Momentum, which if you search you will see the professional guys use it. You only mix an ounce or so with each gallon, so I have waaay too much. I mixed some, sprayed, and it rained 5 hours later. Still all the weeds were wilting the next day.

I guess all that to say that you may want to pull a few example weeds and try to find either a local Lesco service center or feed and seed.

I should say that I haven't tried all brands of stuff, but I am currently using Lesco products and couldn't be happier.

therock
04-25-2003, 03:20 PM
Thanks!

Now for the rest of the story. What kind and\or what site can I go looking at spray devices?

therock

ahah
04-25-2003, 05:02 PM
http://pwmall.com/SprayEqp.aspx

strickdad
04-26-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by therock
Strickdad, I looked the bag over and can't find any data.
Turnipgreen, can you suggest a product?

Thanks, therock it dont say 10-10-10? 18-24-6? 24-3-12? ? or something like this?

therock
04-28-2003, 06:18 AM
I had to go online to get the numbers. What do you think?

Thanks, therock

turnipgreen
04-28-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by therock
Thanks!

Now for the rest of the story. What kind and\or what site can I go looking at spray devices?

therock

Amazon actually carries some of the SP systems sprayers that I saw recommended by someone on here. A 2 gallon ran about $45 which included shipping. I am currently using a Flomaster from the local Home Depot. It hasn't given me any problems yet, but I've only had it 2 years. It has a brass wand, which is loads better than the plastic ones. If you can't find one locally with a metal wand, I would point you to an online spot.