PDA

View Full Version : Hustler FastTrack Or LazerZ CT Help !

Zebedee
04-24-2003, 11:18 PM
Deciding between Hustler FasTrack and Exmark lazer Z CT. Leaning towards Hustler. Any input on these 2 low end (but expensive) models much appreciated.

Honda engine or Kohler may be the difference.
Price about the same
Better cutting/ striping

Thanks in advance

Jim

ahah
04-25-2003, 04:55 PM
Dealer support is the main issue when buying any commercial equipment. Either one of those machines will be passed onto grandkids with residential use.

John Gamba
04-25-2003, 05:11 PM
Kohler Over Honda anyday, Striping, Exmarks Striping Roller Like On My Lazer Z EPS's.
John.

mowerconsultant
04-26-2003, 10:43 PM
The Honda engines we use on our products are top notch !!! and they are v-twins (very smooth and quiet) the Kohler available on the Exmark is a single cylinder.
The FasTrak has been out for a year and a half (very proven) and we have had great success with it, you will be very satisfied with your purchase of the Hustler FasTrak.
Comparing the Hustler FasTrak to the Exmark Lazer CP:
The FasTrak holds more fuel. (Hustler = 12.2 gallons and the Exmark holds 8.5 gallons)
You ride lower on the Hustler, this will improve your slope handling characteristics.
The FasTrak comes standard with a foot operated deck lift. (optional on the Exmark)
The FasTrak also comes standard with 2 large cup holders...
:p :p :p (optional on the Exmark)
Automatic parking brake when you put your control levers in the out position (one less lever to use, and process to go through)
Lifetime warranty on the leading edge of the deck.
Lifetime warranty on the frame.
2 year bumper to bumper warranty
The Hustler is available in 44 or 52 inch compared to 44 or 48 inch with Exmark.
Your dash panel (key switch, throttle, choke, pto engagement, and engine warning light) is on your right, on the fuel tank, easy to reach and see when running your mower, not between your legs as with the Exmark.
Your best bet is to demo both and make your decision from there.
If I can answer any more questions please feel free to e-mail me anytime @ hustlerturfequipment@msn.com

Later
Pj
http://www.hustlerturfequipment.com/fastrakZ/profile.jpg

John Gamba
04-27-2003, 07:06 AM
18600 Blade Tip speed!!

mowerconsultant
04-27-2003, 01:44 PM
Per Exmarks website:
Blade-Tip Speed... Approximately 18,000-18,500 fpm

Per Hustlers website:
52 in: 18, 300 fpm

robertyb
02-11-2004, 06:31 PM
mowerconsultant,
I am considering buying a fastrack 20/52 to cut 3 acres with. I have hills and trees. Nothing to steep but was scary on a Murray 12HP Tractor though it never slipped on me. How safe is the fastrack on slopes. Should I look at a full size Z?

P&J Lawncare
02-26-2004, 03:15 AM
The fastrack is going to be alot safer then your murray tractor, if you did it with a tractor then you should have no problems with a fastrak.

mowsho
02-29-2004, 01:55 AM
Something to think about. The Hustler uses a very light duty transmission called and IZT. On the Toro unit that uses this transmission it has a weight limit of about 800 pounds.

The Exmark uses pumps and wheel drive motors on all their units.
Even though the Exmark unit is geared towards the homeowner
it still carries the same commercial warranty 1-2-3
one year on the frame assy
two years on the engine and the hydro pumps and motors
parts and labor
three years on the deck spindles

Bottom line
The exmark is a better built machine
and a better value for the same money

robertyb
03-04-2004, 11:15 PM
For what it is worth I looked at a Simplicity 2052IS (suspension) homeowners mower today. Dual wheel motors & pumps, hour meter, gas guage, 10 gauge deck, 7mph, 2 year full warranty. Price: $4,100.00 plus tax. Well worth looking at. I asked dealer how it stacked up against a Grasshopper 220/52 and a Ferris IS1000Z and he shrugged his shoulders and asked how much acreage I was cutting. He then said I probably need a Commercial mower. Price difference: $1,900.00 before tax.