PDA

View Full Version : Where do you dump off-site?

cutntrim
04-24-2003, 10:36 PM
So far when doing install jobs (I'm 90% maintenance), I've been either taking disposal materials to the dump (at great expense) or getting rid of them at local construction sites in neighboring developments. When I say disposal materials, I mean sod, rocks, plants, and soil/clay. Natural, heavy, bulk materials.

What do you guys do with this kind of debris?

drobson
04-24-2003, 11:31 PM
I bring everything to the dump here. I haven't found anyplace else I can get rid of anything. It's not too expensive at the dump I use though, and I make sure I add the dump fee into the job to cover the cost. Usually about $20 or so per job for leaves and maybe another $10 for branches or stumps.

Green Pastures
04-25-2003, 12:45 AM
Right beside our local dump there is a yard waste recycling facility. It's free to everyone with the county sticker in their car/truck window.

Thank God for small things like that.

fblandscape
04-25-2003, 02:38 AM
Sod & soil can be composted and sold back to clients
Plants, if alive can be transplanted and sold back to clients
Rocks, have 2 purposes depending on their quality: 1: fill 2: wall stone.

cutntrim
04-25-2003, 09:17 PM
My problem is that I live in the suburbs and don't have any land to get rid of fill. I doubt the construction boys are too thrilled to deal with added fill dumped by landscapers, but then I haven't waited around to ask them. But then we're only talking about a couple of pickup truckloads of dirt/stones/sod anyhow. Still, I wish I had my own site 'cause the dump charges $10 for the first 70kg, and $2 for each additional 10kg thereafter. Believe me, that adds up in a hurry! Those 'couple of truckloads' might cost $150!

NYRookie
04-25-2003, 10:09 PM
I have 3 acres that I dump the leaves and brush on. Once a year I burn down the piles. The grass goes to my 2 goats, who will only eat it when it has dried for a day. Dirt, rock and concrete go to any close private site that says,"clean fill wanted".

NCSULandscaper
04-26-2003, 12:10 AM
I've dedicated a small field on the farm to dump all my waste and have one hell of a fire at the end of the year.

Kohls Landscaping Co
04-26-2003, 06:58 PM
try checking at local places that sell mulch and soil...i used to go to city dump, until i ended up getting 3 nails in two different tires on my truck that i had to pay to be pluggd. I lucked out after calling several mulch and soil places and one of them allows dumping of brush, soil, rocks, etc... It's only 10 bucks a truckload too... best of luck to ya..

site
04-27-2003, 09:23 PM
Local excavators usually have a pile of loam you can dump into. Asphalt- take to the asphalt plant they'll usually take it for free and recycle it. Also, you can put an ad in the paper... Free solid fill delivered to your site. The phone will ring off the hook.

columbiaplower
04-28-2003, 12:18 PM
My landscaping and snow removal company is based out of a farm. We have plenty of areas to dump materials of any kind. We also work with a couple of smaller landscapers who we allow to dump on our facility. Cantact a local farmer in your area (if theres one close by) and try to work something out with them.
-Nick

GraZZmaZter
04-29-2003, 11:36 PM
I dump everyting in the middle of my property where my woods begin, and try to burn everything up a few times throughout the year.