PDA

View Full Version : Massachusetts

Pages : [1] 2 3

T. Matthews
04-26-2003, 11:37 AM
Hey fellow landscapers,

I was just wondering how many people use this site that live in Mass.

T. Matthews

KG Lawncare
04-26-2003, 07:22 PM
Jim, from Kelly Green LawnCare, in Bellingham. I have been monitoring for a couple of years, a member for a couple of months. Been in the business for 14 years, and cover accounts from Bellingham to Walpole. Even have some of the Patriot's players for clients. They generally live in this area. Drop a line when you have a chance...JIM...

T. Matthews
04-27-2003, 08:27 AM
Hey Jim,

I 've been in business now for7 years now, originally I was going to make this a full time career,but after high school I went to school for Horticulture half way thru I took a job with the National Park Service as a Gardener they finished paying for school. Now I have a degree in Hort and work 4 10 hr days with the the park and work three days for myself. I'm now a gardener and Wild land firefighter for the park service. I have 8 customers full time and I do a lot of one time jobs for people. I normally make in six months what I make at the park in a whole year.The park i get all my benefits so I probably won't leave until I can get a job on a fire dept.
I have a pesticide license, hoisting license, mauget tree injection cert, EMT, Mass Firefighter 1 and 2 Cert, Funeral apprentice, Those are all my titles. As you can see I keep busy. I do most of my work in the Greater Lowell area.

drobson
05-08-2003, 03:19 PM
Hey guys,

In Woburn here. Only been in the Landscape business a couple of years, but have been plowing for quite a few.

Work mostly in the Woburn, Burlington, Lexington, Winchester areas.. I do it part time myself, but have a couple of subs that do the stuff during the week I can't do.

I work full time as a DBA/System Admin for a software company. I was an EMT for about 11 years and worked for volunteer fire/rescue service for a number of years also.

Glad to see some more MA people on here, I was starting to get lonely.....

T. Matthews
05-09-2003, 07:27 AM
We as New Englanders need to stick together.

slyder
05-14-2003, 08:39 AM
I live in the Gardner area and have no clue what to do with my lawn. I am not a Landscaper or in the business. I bought an older Bobcat to play with and am looking for an owners manual for it, it's a 1985 model 642.
My thought is to buy loam and spread it all over my lawn about two to three inches thick, then go from there. Any suggestions after that would be helpful.

I like the work you guys do, and hope someday my lawn will look as good as the work you do.

Slyder:D

simsy71
05-23-2003, 01:40 PM
Norton MA here.... I do this part time. Just started on my own last year. I have been helping out a friend of mine for years.

Equipment:

2001 dodge ram
6x10 trailer
48 Exmark Metro
21 toro
Echo Trimmer and Blower
Giant Vac push Blower
BillyGoat Leaf Vac

Shuter
05-26-2003, 07:06 PM
Just to add, I am from Mashpee on Cape Cod.

Hometown Lawn Care
06-14-2003, 01:29 AM
Wilmington Ma, here

drobson
06-14-2003, 09:09 AM
Hey Paul,

I think your the closest neighbor I've seen on here yet, I'm in Woburn. I do the occaisional job in Wilmington...

I hope the season is treating you well so far...

/Dan

Currinson
06-15-2003, 07:57 PM
Hello Guys, I am from Hudson MA, we do work in Hudson, Marlboro, Stow Acton area. Nice to see guys from MA, it would be great if we could stick together an bounce ideas off each other. I have had the buisness for 8 years. We have;

3 Ferris 48 walk behinds
1 48 Walker GHS
1 Lesco 60 Z Two
2000 Diesel Dump
1 enclosed trailer
Just bought a John Deere tractor with a backhoe and bucket.

This rain is tough, are you guys seeing all of the red thread?

Take it easy

JD PLOWER
06-25-2003, 11:52 PM
If anyone needs a dump truck for hauling mulch or yard waste please let me know. I'm located in metro Boston and have a F-550 dump that can haul 5-6 yds of material. Plus a good knowledge of eastern Mass. and a class b cdl. Thanks, JD.

Rich's Lawn Care
06-26-2003, 05:41 PM
anyone from marlboro?

currison,your from hudson i lived in berlin before moving to maine
i see you have a walker what town is your local dealer in?

cklands
06-30-2003, 03:02 PM
Patriotville (Foxboro) here. Anyone else way behind from all that rain still? Or is it just us?

A1 Lawn@Landscapes
07-05-2003, 01:00 PM
From Webster here....

We handle Webster, Dudley, Southbridge, Oxford, and Charlton.

Hey Jim from Kelly Green.... We have something in common...I take care of Drew Bledsoe's old place here on Webster Lake. Ben Coates used to have a place here too.

gene gls
07-11-2003, 09:52 PM
Granville, Ma. here, full time, full service.....
Gene

MLI
07-12-2003, 07:35 AM
Weymouth Ma. here....full time.....full service.....hydroseeding

dlandscaping
07-13-2003, 01:11 AM
im in Worcester, Ma serving central massachusetts (worcester, holden, millbury, shrewsbury, princeton, auburn, sterling). Full service here.

grassguy_
07-26-2003, 09:35 PM
I'm not from Mass. but sure love it in the Berkshires where the in-laws live. Do any of you service the North Adams, Adams, Clarksburg, Pittsfield area? Wasn't sure if there was much business that way for anyone to tackle. My father-in-law keeps asking me to start a branch up that way, (seeing that his yard need serious help,lol), was wondering if there is actually a market worth having a start up?

abevilacquals
07-31-2003, 07:34 PM
framinghah , ma here what a great site this is my 3 rd year and i wish i knew about it when i started i have 32 full time mowing acounts and i cant keep up with them i like mowing that my thing i mow by my self ashland sothboro framingham natick holliston and milford :blob3: ps alot of my lawn were full of red thead not any more just crabgass lol

Boycea
09-10-2003, 12:26 AM
I'm from Westborough Ma. Most of our work is in Westboro and surrounding towns such as Shrewesbury, Hopkinton, and Northborough. I hope you all had a great summer and have very prosperous fall with leaf cleanups.

AGLA
09-19-2003, 07:15 PM
I live in South Dennis (Cape Cod). I worked as an LA (and then some) for a design/build company based in Orleans until August '03. Now I am an LA for a Falmouth land planning office.

PS I grew up in Natick and did quite a bit of landscape work around Lexington with my father about 20-25 years ago.

m2pc
09-20-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by abevilacquals
framinghah , ma here what a great site this is my 3 rd year and i wish i knew about it when i started i have 32 full time mowing acounts and i cant keep up with them i like mowing that my thing i mow by my self ashland sothboro framingham natick holliston and milford :blob3: ps alot of my lawn were full of red thead not any more just crabgass lol

Hey,

I'm from Framingfish, err "ham" as well! Small world, just a homeowner that found this site and think its got lotsa great info

fraz001
09-25-2003, 01:25 PM
hey there I'M FROM HYANNIS (CAPE COD )
JUST OPENED SHOP, HAVE 10 FULL TIME LAWNS.
I 'M JUST PART TIME,ALSO WORK AT 4 BARSTABLE COUNTY
ANY HELP ON PRICING JOB WOULD BE GREAT LIKE ON EDGING
DO YOU GO BY THE FOOT OR BY THE HR. HOW MULCH PER MAN HR?? THANKS FRAZ

lawn
10-14-2003, 02:34 PM
HI I'm from West of Boston. I really like this website. Is there any other website similar to this one where we can get more info?:confused: :pumpkin: :waving:

Rich's Lawn Care
10-14-2003, 02:40 PM
Plowsite.com

JCKL
10-14-2003, 05:45 PM
Another Mass guy here :)

Boycea
10-14-2003, 06:19 PM
What part of Mass are you in JCKL??

JCKL
10-16-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Boycea
What part of Mass are you in JCKL?? I'm in Dracut

T. Matthews
10-16-2003, 09:05 AM
awwwwwwwwwwwww Dracut..............................Shaw's Farm Chocolate milk....Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dunstable here, though most of my customers are in Lowell,Tewksbury

JCKL
10-16-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by T. Matthews
awwwwwwwwwwwww Dracut..............................Shaw's Farm Chocolate milk....Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm

Dunstable here, though most of my customers are in Lowell,Tewksbury It's good stuff :D

Hometown Lawn Care
10-23-2003, 07:41 PM
I have a customer in Tewksbury....

Hometown Lawn Care
10-23-2003, 07:50 PM
stay out of my territory, ahahahah

NfdBrian
10-30-2003, 08:13 PM
Hello fellas,
Just found this site! What a place full of information:D I'm from the Attlebore area. Still learning the ropes!!

Brian

falbo26
11-09-2003, 11:16 AM
New member from Billerica, Ma. This year has been very crazy with all the rain. We hope to get very thing finished up before the snow/cold weather. We have been in business for 12 years and have 12 employees. We are in all phase of landscape and construction. Interested in sharing information.
Yes we plow commerically and for the state.
(Recieved 2 GPS units)

skinnyd
11-09-2003, 12:15 PM
Hi falbo26

What company are you with?

cbutler
12-02-2003, 02:45 PM
planing to start in Holyoke in 04 looking and looking for a used trailer and 38" to 48" mower

T. Matthews
12-02-2003, 06:26 PM
Hey I got the mower you are looking for 36" Scag bought new in 99 used on 2 lawns since i have had it. New bag and JRCO dethatcher. Had all belts replaced and trany serviced this year runs and looks awsome let me know if interested.

Boycea
12-02-2003, 08:45 PM
Hey Rich, I see your from the next town over from me. Do any work in Westborough??

-Adam

Rich's Lawn Care
12-02-2003, 08:57 PM
Hey Adam, I did a curb side pick up last week but that's all. most of my work is in northboro,marlboro,berlin,hudson.

Rich

cbutler
12-03-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by T. Matthews
Hey I got the mower you are looking for 36" Scag bought new in 99 used on 2 lawns since i have had it. New bag and JRCO dethatcher. Had all belts replaced and trany serviced this year runs and looks awsome let me know if interested.

I am(':blush:')

Do you have any pics? Give me an E-mail
Thanks

Rich's Lawn Care
12-03-2003, 09:01 PM
Anyone running Enclosed trailers? Does anyone know who has the best price on one in mass. looking for a 14' or 16'.

T. Matthews
12-04-2003, 07:26 AM
Hey C butler,

You got mail!!!!!

Boycea
12-05-2003, 12:22 AM
Rich,
I priced out enclosed trailers this past spring and the cheapest that I could find was at a place called Atlantic Coast Trailer on Rt.20 They advertise in the want ad if you need their number. Another place that had decent priced trailers was in Connecticut called Lindburgher trailer co. (Sp?). These two places had the best quality trailers at the cheapest prices. Good Luck.

Adam

Rich's Lawn Care
12-05-2003, 09:11 AM
Adam did you get one? if you are going to get one let me know we can go together and get a better price.

Thanks a lot

lawn
12-07-2003, 06:13 PM
We bought ours at ricchie and clapper because I couldn't't find any other place. I will NOT recommend it to anybody. They are very unprofessional. :mad: :angry: :blob4:

bobdawg
12-11-2003, 09:01 PM
Anyone from this site in the Orange/Athol area?

Little Guy
12-19-2003, 07:59 PM
Take a drive to Smithfield Rhode Island. See Joel at New England Dumper and Trailer off rte 7. Best Prices around New England. Tell him Bill sent you!

JLLawncare
12-22-2003, 09:59 AM
Hello all....Lancaster here. Brand new to the site and just wanted to say hey to the rest of you people in Mass. Stay warm and think spring!

Later,
Jamie
JL Lawncare

Brett McKechnie
12-31-2003, 11:15 AM
I am in the Lexington area and have a landscape lighting (Illumination) business (just starting) as well as one in Rhode Island (NEllco). Do you have any suggestions as to where to begin in the Lexington MA area?

Go Pats!!!!

Grounds Control
01-09-2004, 04:11 PM
hi everyone,

newer co in hopkinton, ma here!

put me in the networking "loop"

Rich's Lawn Care
01-09-2004, 04:34 PM
Hey Grounds Control welcome. Hopkinton is a nice area we did a big mulch job out there last year. There's lots of big houses in Hopkinton good luck to ya.

Rich

jsaunders
01-13-2004, 10:26 PM
I live in NH but do alot of work in Concord MA.
A good place to find a trailer( I've bought 2) is from AIRPORT sales in Fitchburg/Leominster (right next to the airport) Nice guys.
Richey and clapper were/are known to be high but it is the only place around to get hustler mowers that I know of:mad: Joel

Kady Landscape
01-14-2004, 06:30 PM
Hey Guys, I live in Exeter NH but have a few accounts in Newburyport, MA. I've been doing Lawn maintence p/t since college( about 14 yrs). Last year I got laid off from my high tech sales job so I ramped up my business to go full time and love it.

Go Patriots!!

James Cormier
01-14-2004, 07:20 PM
West Boylston here, been fertin & Squirtin for 18 years now, no mowing or landscaping. Any of you guys here looking to sub out your fert work send me a email. I give landscapers 10% off my prices if you have more than 10 customers.
Richie & CLapper are great guys.....I got my trailer there

aquamtic
01-14-2004, 11:06 PM
Little guy! Where in Ri are you from. Are you in the Irrigation bus?

REALtreeGodFather
01-23-2004, 03:21 PM
Howdy fellow MA guys!

Not a landscaper, but working on adding it. Currently in the tree end of the green industry.

Located in Hardwick.

DAZED AND CONFUSED
01-26-2004, 03:37 PM
HEY GUYS

I LIVE IN LEOMINSTER BUT JUST TOOK NEW JOB IN NEWTON/WALTHAM AREA 15 YRS EXP. IN HARDSCAPE NOW GOING TO TRY MANAGING FERT AND SQUIRT.

*********I LAVR A NEW CHALLENGE********

DAZED AND CONFUSED
01-26-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by DAZED AND CONFUSED
HEY GUYS

I LIVE IN LEOMINSTER BUT JUST TOOK NEW JOB IN NEWTON/WALTHAM AREA 15 YRS EXP. IN HARDSCAPE NOW GOING TO TRY MANAGING FERT AND SQUIRT.

*********I LAVR A NEW CHALLENGE********

I LOVE A NEW CHALLENGE

AND MY 2 YR OLD THAT TYPES FASTER THAN I DO LOL

lawn
02-04-2004, 07:22 AM
ANYONE HAS A SAMPLE OF CONTRACTS ( VALID IN MASS LAW) CAN YOU POST IT PLEASE?
WHEN I GET A NEW CLIENT WHAT I DO IS GO TO GIVE A PROPOSAL AND MAKE THEM SIGN IT. THAT'S ALL. I DO NOT KNOW IF I SHOULD HAVE THEM SIGN A CONTRACT ALSO, OR JUST THE PROPOSAL ITSELF IS OK?
I NEED HELP ON THAT. THANKS
LAWN

Mark Lawncare
02-06-2004, 03:59 PM
Hi I'm from the shouth shore/ cohasset area. Was wondering how many weeks of mowing is normal around here. Also, a Mass leagal contract would be great thanks.

TSM
02-06-2004, 04:48 PM
Southeastern MA

A life time of experience in the green industry- all aspects.
Been strictly fert/pesticide apps since 1982

Willing to help out anyone.
we work closely with many landscapers in the SoEast MA and Upper Cape areas. we offer a 12% professional courtesy discount to our landscaper clients.

burnandreturn
02-06-2004, 07:37 PM
I live in Texas and I think we have counties bigger than MA!!!!!!!!!!

Rich's Lawn Care
02-06-2004, 10:31 PM
Wow that's some good info Burnandreturn you need to tell that one to your wife/sister.

aquamtic
02-12-2004, 10:28 PM
In SOuthern Mass ( Seekonk)
Have a 5x10 Shadowmaster enclosed trailer in mint condition for sale. Perfect for a small landscaper. Just moved up to a 14' for irrigation.

Shoot me an email for more information and pricing
pgsystems@cox.net

boblc
02-15-2004, 05:34 PM
new loking for anyone on cape cod

TSM
02-16-2004, 10:48 AM
hello boblc,
though are facility is not located on the cape we do plenty of work there. Sandwich is a town where we have many customers.

Hows business going for you? anything we can help you out on? We specialize in fert/pesticide applications. We dont mow. We do get many customers asking us to recommend a mowing company.

I dont know what it is that you do, but if you do mow or do light landscaping we would be glad to put you on our list of companies that we recommend.

boblc
02-16-2004, 07:28 PM
tsm thanks for the reply new just starting also in sandwich can use all the help i can get

bobdawg
02-18-2004, 12:19 PM
Does anyone do work in Central or Western MA? I'm looking to start up this year, but may have to delay until later this season or possibly 2005. I'd still like to hook up with anyone that works out that way to see how the market is.

Shuter
02-20-2004, 01:38 PM
Hello TSM and boblc. I work in Mashpee. Let me know what you can do in Sandwich as pretty much stay in Mashpee and East Falmouth, I can refer you to the leads I get.

Mark Lawncare
03-03-2004, 06:24 PM
Where is the best power equipment store around southeastern MA? I have gone to some local ones and Norfolk Power. Norfolk was nice with okay prices but an hour from where I live (cohasset).

cuttinback
03-06-2004, 11:46 AM
Whats going on fellow landscapers,
Im from Brockton Ma,, im just startin out actually my partner and i just bought a small landscape trailer and now have only one mower a 48" scag if any one in the area is looking to get rid of a smaller mower and some smaller equipment such as straight trimmers and gas powered hedge trimmers please let me know thanks Jim

dlandscaping
03-06-2004, 01:06 PM
I may have some smaller mowers coming in let me know what you need.
Im in Worcester looking for work in Central Mass.

kylel
03-06-2004, 09:25 PM
Hello All,

Looking for some direction from some of you veterans. I am a one man landscaping company trying to find a good laborer and possible future partner.

I am a new biz owner, so funds are limited as I get off the ground. My marketing campaign last month has already paid off and I have several large residential accounts and a donzen avg accounts so far. I figure that was the first and last time I will have to advertise becasue word of mouth is already spreading.

I am looking for someone who is passionate about landscaping. Serious about growing a business and willing to take a ride with me down the road of success. I am looking for a WINNER.

Anyone out there interested? Marion / Mattapoisett / Buzz bay and a few accts in Upper Cape

Thanks

cuttinback
03-10-2004, 04:30 PM
hey this is derek from cuttin back landscaping looking for info on how to estimate mulch jobs and any other jobs is it by the hour or size and how muchdo you charge for those jobs just starting so any info would be greatly appreciated thanks

oakhill2000
03-10-2004, 09:23 PM
I am from Rehoboth, Haven't seen too many people on here from my area except a few from Seekonk, and Attleboro. been in business 5 years and am loveing it. Good luck to everyone this season!:)

AJ's lawn Care
03-18-2004, 04:55 PM
Hello, I,m located in the Dartmouth, Ma area, have been in the business for nine years and was wondering if anyone out there, who is close to my location, has a licensed fertilizing business. I would be interested in subcontracting a few accounts...as it takes too much of my time.

kylel
03-18-2004, 05:32 PM
Hello,

I have accounts in Marion / Matt and Rochester. I am a Lic applicator..I do lawns only though. If you have accounts in these area I'll be more then willing to work with you...

Take care..

hoagie
03-21-2004, 01:11 AM
Hey Mass bros....

SSLC... I have a ton of work in Cohasset... ever see me around?? I'm the ass w/ the grass all over everything (trucks, trailers) What is the name of your outfit?

MLI, dlandscape.... whats up brothers.

This is a pic of my trailer.... anybody see me around this yr... stop and say hi.

Also... anybody need any help w/ whatever, feel free to email or give a call.... I'd be happy to help out any local bros.

Rich's Lawn Care
04-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Hey Hoagie, I love the Grass do you have any more pics?

aquamtic
04-01-2004, 03:47 PM
Looking to be a subcontractor source for any of you south mass landscapers who would like to ffer irrigtaion installations to your customers.

Feel free to contact me at pgsystems@cox.net or visit our website to learn more abot what we do

http://www.pandgsystems.com

Also: Send me you company name, number and areas you service. I will add to my database to use you as a landscaper source also.

" We All Need To Work Together"

Good Luck this season!!

Paul
PG Systems-Landscape Irrigation Services

hoagie
04-01-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Rich's Lawn Care
Hey Hoagie, I love the Grass do you have any more pics?

A couple....

hoagie
04-01-2004, 09:15 PM
Kind of an evolution of the old trugreen trucks w/ the grass strip going around the whole truck.... only more obnoxious :D

hoagie
04-01-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by SSLC
Hi I'm from the shouth shore/ cohasset area. Was wondering how many weeks of mowing is normal around here. Also, a Mass leagal contract would be great thanks.

SSLC... I'm assuming youre south shore lc? Red trucks?

Maybe I got ya confused w/ someone else... anyhow I get in around 28-30 cuts per season. Although the last 6 or so are mainly leaf vacuuming... not really grass cuts.

Rich's Lawn Care
04-01-2004, 10:54 PM
I think it looks sweet!!!! thanks

Mark Lawncare
04-06-2004, 09:27 PM
SSLC... I'm assuming youre south shore lc? Red trucks?

Maybe I got ya confused w/ someone else... anyhow I get in around 28-30 cuts per season. Although the last 6 or so are mainly leaf vacuuming... not really grass cuts.

I'm not not South Shore lc but that company does have very nice red trucks they are all red and tinted out they look awsome. I live about a mile away from that guy and my little operation is not nearly as large as his. Thanks for the info on the cuts I usually do around 24 cuts and blow the leaves when they start to fall.

Mark Lawncare
04-06-2004, 09:34 PM
Hoagie those trucks look awesome, very unique. Next year I want to get an F-350 but in black where did you buy those? I'm sure I will notice when I seem them around. I'll try to post a picture of my truck/trailer soon. It's not nearly as impressive but it works.

meathead1134
04-08-2004, 09:23 AM
another guy from mass here. I'm live in rehoboth and just starting out this year!!!

biggreekkid
04-08-2004, 03:05 PM
haverhill, ma here!! 1st year on my own!!

roscioli
04-19-2004, 08:06 PM
I was in Sturbridge... well, still am in Sturbridge, but sold my business... still like to check up on lawnsite every once in a while. Keep it up guys, Mike

aquamtic
04-19-2004, 09:31 PM
I have a few irrigation accounts looking for some landscapers to do medium design and contruction work. If you live close to the RI, South MA and would like some busniess, SHoot me an email and we can communicate. we only do irrigation and are always looking to netwrok with landscapers

pgsystems@cox.net

matthew Urban
04-27-2004, 08:37 PM
another member pointed me to this thread,

As I posted in a previous thread,

could someone in the Boston/Watertown area offer some advice ...

I am in the industry, 150 miles west of there. My grandmother has a lawn that took me as a kid ,20 min. with a push mower. And she is asking for advice and prices for hiring a contractor to mow for her.
I can't really help her with the obvious question...very different area from where i am.
Could someone in that area shed some light on the question?
Any advice would be a great help,
thanks,

feel free to email me with any ?'s

Matt

garfield
05-14-2004, 08:30 PM
slyder , I got my bobcat manuals from http://www.bobcatboston.com/

Rich's Lawn Care
06-01-2004, 07:43 AM
Does anyone know if there's a Walker dealer in central mass?

gene gls
06-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Rich,

Call Percision work Inc. at 516-883-2002. They are the distrubitors for Walker in New England.

Gene

Rich's Lawn Care
06-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Thanks a lot Gene.

Rich's Lawn Care
06-07-2004, 10:32 PM
Anyone out there from the Northborough,Westborough,Marlbobough area? I need to find out where i can dump grass clipping's and leaves.

Boycea
06-10-2004, 11:29 AM
Rich,
The John Deere dealer in Millbury sells Walker mowers. I would also call Preco located in Ludlow who also sells Walkers, their prices seem to be the best around when I was pricing them out. Preco's number is 1-413-583-6100

Good luck
Adam

Rich's Lawn Care
06-10-2004, 01:50 PM
Thanks Adam! How about dumping grass and leaves? The guy at my mulch place said that Landscapers can dump at the westboro dump. Do you know if this is true?

PJAKJF
06-15-2004, 07:18 AM
anyone overloaded with work ?

PJAKJF
06-15-2004, 07:22 AM
if so let me know. just started my bus. back up this year allready have 10 account (not much but its a start) all by word of mouth

Rich's Lawn Care
06-15-2004, 07:53 AM
PJAKJF, Where in mass are you?

PJAKJF
06-16-2004, 05:22 AM
Lowell, Where are You from?

T. Matthews
06-16-2004, 06:27 AM
I m from Lowell too

Rich's Lawn Care
06-16-2004, 07:27 AM
We are in Northborough.

PJAKJF
06-16-2004, 07:31 AM
T. Matthews , whats your company name?

T. Matthews
06-16-2004, 09:34 AM
www.tmatthews.net check out my site. Im still building so its not 100% yet.. Whats yours?

PJAKJF
06-17-2004, 12:55 PM
PEC Landscaping, http://mysite.verizon.net/pjakjf/home.htm are you looking for any crew leaders?

PJAKJF
06-17-2004, 12:56 PM
PEC Landscaping this link should work

PJAKJF
06-17-2004, 12:59 PM
http://g.msn.com/0US!s9.31612_317670/MY.2023?http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7vdao/&&cm=Favorites&ce=9&hl=PEC+Landscaping

T. Matthews
06-17-2004, 12:59 PM
that site doesn't work

ayyo
06-18-2004, 12:15 AM
i work in and around weston and wayland areas. we do septic, foundations, water lines, electrical lines, loam and seed, brush clearing and whatever else the customer pays for.

PJAKJF
06-18-2004, 05:23 AM
T. Matthews , sorry my site is down i'm still working with verizon on it

PJAKJF
06-18-2004, 05:25 AM
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze7vdao/
try this link

T. Matthews
06-18-2004, 07:19 AM
Pjakjf are you still building your site?

PJAKJF
06-21-2004, 07:32 AM
T. Matthews Ya i,m still building and updating from time to time. do you need a crew leader ?

T. Matthews
06-22-2004, 06:51 AM
Thanks ,but i'm all set for help now. Besides don't you have your own Co.

hoagie
06-22-2004, 08:47 PM
I need a crew leader... willing to travel to the south shore?

TREEGODFATHER
06-22-2004, 10:02 PM
Just curious.. where in south shore are you?

PJAKJF
06-23-2004, 06:21 AM
yes but i,m slow with work right now

hoagie
06-23-2004, 08:16 PM
I'm out of the Cohasset, Hingham, Norwell area... have a mowing day in Kingston also.

T. Matthews
06-23-2004, 09:22 PM
ya Im a little slow too.need to pick up more work for the tractor ............. can't wait to try out the new trailer for it

TREEGODFATHER
06-23-2004, 10:24 PM
I do alot of work out of Rockland, covering from Brockton to Marshfield.

I like it down there.

T. Matthews
07-07-2004, 11:25 AM
it s all quiet in here, you can almost here the lawns burning up

Rich's Lawn Care
07-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Anyone selling or no someone selling a trailer? I'm looking for a trailer 16'or 18' open or enclosed.

Thanks Rich

TREEGODFATHER
07-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Check the WantAdvertiser... I noticed a bunch in this week's issue.

T. Matthews
07-08-2004, 08:12 AM
How soon are you looking to buy, I will probably be selling mine at the end of the season, it s a 6x12 w/ equipment rack, whacker rack, LED lights, new paint new decking, covered storage bin.

Rich's Lawn Care
07-08-2004, 02:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by T. Matthews
How soon are you looking to buy, I will probably be selling mine at the end of the season, it s a 6x12 w/ equipment rack, whacker rack, LED lights, new paint new decking, covered storage bin. [/QUOTE

I have the same size. I'm looking for something big like 16' or 18'

Four C. Landscaping
07-10-2004, 02:19 PM
I am new to this site and I love it.
I have been in the landscaping biz for 6 years part time and am going full time in 2006 after proper planning and increasing customer list.
God bless George W. Bush
GOD BLESS THE U.S.A.

Rich's Lawn Care
07-10-2004, 07:02 PM
Welcome Four C. And good luck in 2006. We are next door in Northborough.

Rich

Boycea
07-11-2004, 08:40 PM
Welcome to the site Four C. You'll find a lot of useful information on this site. Let me know if I can help you with anything

Adam

T. Matthews
08-03-2004, 04:20 PM
hey

is it me or the weather for me being slower than last year ? How is everyone else doing?

Rich's Lawn Care
08-03-2004, 04:48 PM
weather is slower? what does that mean?

T. Matthews
08-03-2004, 07:03 PM
Is the weather reasponsible for me bing slower than last year

Rich's Lawn Care
08-03-2004, 07:16 PM
T Matthews, I think your web site looks real nice. Did a local company do it for you?

T. Matthews
08-03-2004, 07:44 PM
Thanks Rich,

A friend of mine did it he starting his own computer website company. If you are interested there is a link to his email on my web site just drop him a line.

T. Matthews
08-19-2004, 07:37 AM
Soooooooooooooooo.......

how'''''''''''''ssssssssssss
everyone
doinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn?

adam underwood
08-30-2004, 11:52 PM
hey guys...im from westboro. im looking to start up this coming spring but i need to buy some equipment. anyone know where i can find a used commercial mower (or any equipment for that matter)?
thanks guys

T. Matthews
08-31-2004, 06:59 AM
Yes I do,

I have a 48 emarc w/ bag, JRCO dethatcher and a 6x12 landscape trailer that has been all done over. New deck, lights paint, trailer is 4years old and mower is 2.5 years old. $3200.00

Rich's Lawn Care
08-31-2004, 09:04 AM
Adam, I have a Exmark Metro HP 36" deck 15 kawi only has 13 hours on it also has exmark bagger and jungle wheels. $3800.00
I live in Northboro.

adam underwood
08-31-2004, 07:52 PM
thanks guys....im very interested, especially in T. Matthews 48'' emarc, dethatcher and trailer. where in mass are you located and do you have any pictures of this equipment? would you be willing to sell just the mower and dethatcher without the trailer?

i was looking more for a store that sold used mowers and equipment so that i could browse because im starting from scratch with very low start-up funds (maybe $2500)

if anyone else has equipment to sell please let me know

thanks again
adam

T. Matthews
09-01-2004, 07:41 AM
I can do that. I ll have pictures for you by friday. I'll sell you the mower for $2200.00 that is with everything dethatcher grass gobbler I think i have an extra set of blades. I'm not sure of the hours on it,but its not alot since it gets used on 3lawns a week. The only think is that I can't let it go untill end of season since I won't be buying my new one till Spring. Let me know if interested. my email is tom@tmatthews.net I live near Lowell MA.

Boycea
09-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Hey Adam,
give me a pm, or call me when you get a chance. let me know if you have any questions, id be happy to help.

Adam Boyce

Four C. Landscaping
09-03-2004, 09:20 PM
Hi Adam.
The Want Ad worked for me when I was looking for my trailer.If you can I would look for a new mower.One of the worst things when I first started out was a used mower that kept breaking down(I had a 30" snapper 8Hp).Valves here new carb there.Even though I had a 21" lawn boy It still made the big lawns take forever.My Gravley was $2600 new with cloth bag.What ever you choose to do best of luck to you.E-mail me any time.
Kevin Colbath
www.FourCLandscaping@aol.com

glagen
09-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Rich,
I priced Walkers at Route 146 Supply in Millbury and at Harvard Power Equipment on Rt 100 in Harvard. The just announced sale price at 146 Supply for a model T with 26 hp fuel injected was $9950. The everyday price at Harvard for the same unit, with the heavy duty gear box was $9800!
Glagen

Rich's Lawn Care
09-07-2004, 10:46 PM
Glagen, Thanks for the info. I'm hoping we have a lot of snow this winter and I will get one in the spring.

glagen
09-08-2004, 10:00 AM
Rich,
Once you mentioned plowing, it dawned on me that I had forgotten to mention the special deal Walker has going on from now until the end of October. They are offering a zero down, no payments, no interest until next June. It is to attact LCOs into buying now and using their plow $ to pay later.
Glagen

simsy71
09-08-2004, 11:21 AM
I have a used Gaint Vac 5hp push blower. I am looking for $150 for it.

Boycea
09-09-2004, 12:20 AM
Hey Rich,
I too am looking into getting a walker. Their is a dealer in Ludlow that I do business with that seems to have the lowest prices around. The dealer is called Preco Supply Company and their website is http://www.precoparts.com If you call them just ask to speak to Ted or Evan. That is the dealer I am going through when I purchase mine due to their prices and their support over other dealers. Let me know how it goes or if you want me to get you prices on any specific models. I usually go their once or twice a week.

Rich's Lawn Care
09-09-2004, 07:22 AM
Thanks Adam. How far is Ludlow form here? We need a Walker dealer around here.

adam underwood
09-09-2004, 11:03 AM
if anyone in mass has any used mowers, blowers or any other eqipment they are looking to get rid of...let me know.

thanks

Boycea
09-09-2004, 11:21 AM
Ludlow is around 35 minutes away from Westborough

Rich's Lawn Care
09-13-2004, 09:11 PM
When do you guys stop mowing? Do you mow in oct? or stop at the end of sept.

Shuter
09-14-2004, 06:12 AM
depends on the weather. The more you mow the more you make, so I try to go as long as possible. 4 years ago I mowed to second week of December, last year was third week in Oct. There is no way to tell, mother nature will let us know.

Rich's Lawn Care
09-17-2004, 12:15 AM
Anyone service Hopkinton?

simsy71
09-17-2004, 10:05 AM
When do you guys stop mowing? Do you mow in oct? or stop at the end of sept.

I mow into Oct. I usually give my last cut say 3rd week into Oct.

MarcusLndscp
09-17-2004, 08:03 PM
Hey everyone
Funny stumbling on this thread and hearing a few of you from the Cape. Born and raised in Falmouth then went to school for hort at Umaine. Now I'm in vermont working as a landscape construction foreman. I use to work for Francisco Tavares for a couple years and my sister currently lives in mashpee working for Joyce Landscaping. Why am i in vermont??????

simsy71
09-20-2004, 08:56 PM
Need some advise. I went to a few local nurserys to ask if they offered a discount if I bought alot of mums from them . They said no. Do any of you guys get a wholeprice on your flowers\shurbs???????

Rich's Lawn Care
09-20-2004, 09:10 PM
Yes I go to shemin nursery in Hudson. They sell shrubs and tree's wholesale and you can only go in if you are a landscaper.

90c4
09-27-2004, 04:15 PM
I' ve got 3/4 of an acre - backyard level, front yard is small but hilly. If anyone is in the Wellesley area, PM me and I'll send you the address. Thanks.

lawn
09-28-2004, 09:40 PM
I' ve got 3/4 of an acre - backyard level, front yard is small but hilly. If anyone is in the Wellesley area, PM me and I'll send you the address. Thanks.
Hi 90c4 are you looking for an estimate? just give me the address I'll go take a look at it.

aquamtic
09-30-2004, 10:46 AM
Attention South Mass and RI Contractors.

We are gearing up for this end of season winterization of sprinkler systems. If we can be of any assistance for your company Contact us at

P&G Irrigation Systems
401-383-9523
RI MI#000193

simsy71
09-30-2004, 01:00 PM
Anyone ever been to this? This year the dates are
Dates: Tuesday, February 1 – Thursday, February 3, 2005

Boycea
09-30-2004, 03:33 PM
I have been the last 5 years. It is a great place to go see some new equipment, and some of the seminars are good as well.

Is anybody going to the snow and ice expo in Marlborough this November???

simsy71
10-01-2004, 09:32 AM
Was thinking about taking a small engine repair class this winter. Has anyone done this? Was it useful to you.

Shuter
10-02-2004, 06:25 PM
I go every year to New England Grows. It is well worth it.

Four C. Landscaping
10-02-2004, 07:04 PM
This will be my first year and I am looking forward to it.I took advantage of the online sign-up page.See you all there. payup

gene gls
10-02-2004, 09:27 PM
I'm thinking about going to the snow+ice show.Depends on how fall clean-ups are going.

Gene

T. Matthews
10-13-2004, 07:45 PM
Hey everyone.....

Are we getting ready for some leaf clean ups. I just recently mounted my leaf sucker to a trailer. No more lifting the 220lbs monster on and off the dump. Next weekend the box goes on the truck for lean ups. You can see my fine work of art on my site www.tmatthews.net its under our quality. How is everyone else doing?

Currinson
10-15-2004, 08:54 PM
Hopefully this year mother nature will be kinder than last. With the early snowfall it really screwed up cleanups. Who from Mass is applying fertilizer? We get ours at lesco, they just told us next year the prices will be going up 8%, time to find a new supplier?? Take care, stay safe.

Erick

Four C. Landscaping
10-16-2004, 09:04 PM
I will be going to the snow and ice expo for the first time this year.It is November 9 & 10 at the royal plaza trade center in marlboro.I was wondering if any one had been to it last year and if it was worth the time to go.I don't have a plow for my truck and was thinking of getting one this year.I will be looking for deals.hopefully there will be a few. payup

Shuter
10-16-2004, 09:51 PM
Any trade show is well worth it.

T. Matthews
11-03-2004, 07:54 AM
Hello,

How is everyone doing on their leaf cleanups?

simsy71
11-03-2004, 08:21 AM
I will be starting mine this weekend. This wind we are having will take all of the remainingleaves off of the trees.

Four C. Landscaping
11-04-2004, 06:07 PM
The leaves have arrived and I am loving my back pack blower a Redmax 7001.If the snow holds off then all should go quite well this year.Good luck to all. payup

jsaunders
11-04-2004, 07:37 PM
Just started this week- but still alot of leaves in the trees. This season is at least 2 weeks late, last year we were going full blast with no leaves in the trees- except for some oaks.
Whats everyone charging this year? I'm charging $60 per man as I have for the past 3 years,I might go up to $65, but I'm going to charge a fuel surcharge this year as well.
Joel

Four C. Landscaping
11-12-2004, 03:51 PM
I sit here not doing a clean up and hating snow.And no plow yet this year! :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

Four C. Landscaping
11-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Ok so we have had our first blizzard of 2004 and got 4 1/2" in Westborough.Is anyone still doing cleanups?I know that I still have 2 left and am hoping for the snow to melt.Anyone else still have cleanups to do?

jim dailey
11-16-2004, 06:40 PM
Ok so we have had our first blizzard of 2004 and got 4 1/2" in Westborough.Is anyone still doing cleanups?I know that I still have 2 left and am hoping for the snow to melt.Anyone else still have cleanups to do?

I spent last weekend up in Houlten, ME., helping a friend shingle a roof. We saw only a couple of snowflakes all weekend. We were only 5 miles from the Canadian border. Not too cold at all. I drove all the way home, 6 hours, only to find this mess. I had 7 inches out in the middle of the yard. I had 2 clean-ups to do, with 5 days to accomplish it, and then off to Florida for the winter. NOW, I think they will wait until the spring, and I will leave a couple of days early for the warm weather. Sometimes these things just seem to happen......OH WELL.

Rich's Lawn Care
11-17-2004, 09:48 PM
Anyone sell firewood? I'm looking at getting into selling it but now sure where to get seasoned cut and split wood.

crownls
11-19-2004, 04:27 PM
hey all, CLS from hudson, ma. just finished up my first season this year. Still have 2 cleanups left. I'm also looking for a plow this winter season. If anyone has an 8' plow for a 95 chevy 3/4 ton let me know. Thanks

jim dailey
11-19-2004, 05:33 PM
hey all, CLS from hudson, ma. just finished up my first season this year. Still have 2 cleanups left. I'm also looking for a plow this winter season. If anyone has an 8' plow for a 95 chevy 3/4 ton let me know. Thanks

Hey, cls, keep the Want Advertiser handy, that is probably your best bet. Also try the junkyards, beleive it or not, they have plenty in the plow lines. I finished-up here in Bellingham this week, and am now off to Daytona for the winter. One week computer down time. I am looking for a used Stander or hydro ZTR, if you know of one that requires work. Let me know when you have a chance. Take care, and have fun playing in the snow. Watch the Daytona 500, and I'll wave at ya !!!

crownls
11-23-2004, 11:58 AM
thanks for the info jim. i never thought of the junkyard. i see a lot of items in the wantad for sale from bellingham under the farm & garden section. is that you selling all that stuff? Have an excellant winter in FLA. i'll keep an eye out for those mowers for you,

meathead1134
11-23-2004, 09:21 PM
Good evening guys, :waving:

I have to give an estimate for a church in Walople on rt1. Is there anybody interested in taking this one for me. I currently have no time and don't want to keep them hanging. Just Pm me and I'll give you the number. Much appreciated.

jim dailey
11-23-2004, 09:53 PM
Good evening guys, :waving:

I have to give an estimate for a church in Walople on rt1. Is there anybody interested in taking this one for me. I currently have no time and don't want to keep them hanging. Just Pm me and I'll give you the number. Much appreciated.

Hey,meathead, how did you get that one? Long haul for you, huh? I think the church would be one Rt. 1A, in the center. I don't think there are too many churches on busy route 1. I just left the area, and am now in Daytona, FL. for the winter,otherwiseIwould think about it. The biggest guy in those parts is D. Foley Landscape. BIG operation there. If you get stuck, give them a call. They are located on Rt.1A, just down the hll from the Walpole Prison (Cedar Junction). If you are really stuck come April '05, let me know. What do they want, just the usual? Also, Nolan Landscape out of Norfolk goes in there. Both Nolan and Foley are in the book. Speak w/joe atnolan's, the owner. Tel him Jim at Norfolk Auto told you to call. Take care and Happy Holiday Season to you and yours...JIM

meathead1134
11-24-2004, 07:03 AM
I went to school with a guy that goes to that church. I'll look into it if no one takes it. They just want a fall cleanup nothing big, it's a small property but I am so busy right now and I only do this part time. I just don't have the time to get up there and give them another estimate. They lost my spring estimate and then found it and called me up again last night.

jsaunders
11-30-2004, 07:09 PM
How's everyone doing? I only have acouple left and there just quick go overs- pick up the neibhors leafs that blow on to my customers. Joel

Rich's Lawn Care
11-30-2004, 08:22 PM
Saunders, Same here two more clean ups and we are done. Then wait for snow.

simsy71
11-30-2004, 11:32 PM
2 more cleanups on Sat. I will be happy not to see another leave this year. Did anyone else notice that there were no acorns. Where did they all go?

jsaunders
12-01-2004, 07:59 PM
I loved not having acorns this year. Acorns are the worse part of cleanups- along with millions of little twigs :p A week and a half ago I was scared of what the weather was going to bring now that weight is off my shoulders, it;s so nice. Joel

simsy71
12-02-2004, 10:40 AM
Hey, I have seen other guys do this.

Anyone have any interest in getting together for a few drinks. Think it would be cool to meet some people from our area. Just a thought...... Maybe after the holidays are over......

T. Matthews
12-15-2004, 11:09 AM
From all of us here we hope you have a Happy and Joyous holiday season.

T. Matthews
12-15-2004, 11:12 AM
And a Happy New Year!!!

crownls
12-15-2004, 11:35 AM
Happy Holidays to all and a prosperous new year. T. Matthews nice dog...the tractors ok too. Where you located? that house in the backround looks familiar. Crown Lawn Service

T. Matthews
12-15-2004, 12:42 PM
We are from Dunstable.

meathead1134
12-15-2004, 12:55 PM
Hey, I have seen other guys do this.

Anyone have any interest in getting together for a few drinks. Think it would be cool to meet some people from our area. Just a thought...... Maybe after the holidays are over......

sounds like a possibility I travel through norton to go to my full time job everyday

Boycea
12-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Simsy,
Id be interested in meeting up. Hope everyone has a happy holiday

Adam

Shuter
12-15-2004, 08:54 PM
Happy Holidays to all.

Starman
12-16-2004, 10:10 PM
Located in Shelburne Falls (Western MA) and feeling all alone.... :waving:

meathead1134
12-18-2004, 09:28 AM
Located in Shelburne Falls (Western MA) and feeling all alone.... :waving:
were is that?? I'd never heard of that place

aquamtic
12-21-2004, 04:23 PM
Anyone looking for a reliable truck to startoff or to add to your fleet. I have a
1991 Chevy 1500 Pick Up - 2WD
Gray - Mint Body Condition- No Rot
It has a new 350 motor with 30,000 Miles on it
New Tire
Entire New Exhaust
New Radiator
AC
Bedline
8' Bed
Tool Box
Asking $4700.00

I am located in Providence, RI

Anyone intersted email me at pgsystems@cox.net or 401-383-9523

T. Matthews
12-28-2004, 03:55 PM
So did anyone get any cool tools for presents this christmas?

I got a nice Husky Jumper pack, air hose reel, some new tools and a tool set for the truck.

Rich's Lawn Care
12-28-2004, 06:26 PM
I got a DeWalt cordless impact gun. Now I can change the blades on the road.

TREEGODFATHER
12-28-2004, 11:30 PM
I got a new axe...

A gloss black Fender Stratocaster, that is...

does that count? :cool2:

jim dailey
12-30-2004, 10:55 PM
Guys, I need a favor...Anyone have any Walker ZTR decks laying around that they are willing to part with??? I am going to look at the ZTR (machine) in a couple of days. It DOES NOT have a deck. IF I get the machine...I will need a deck. I would really appreciate any help that anyone could offer. Thanks...

Boycea
01-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Jim, give this website a look. They carry used walker decks that are refurbished and repainted. Prices seem fair. good luck.

http://www.arki-tec.com/equipment_1.html

Lawnchoice
01-01-2005, 10:05 PM
Guys, I need a favor...Anyone have any Walker ZTR decks laying around that they are willing to part with??? I am going to look at the ZTR (machine) in a couple of days. It DOES NOT have a deck. IF I get the machine...I will need a deck. I would really appreciate any help that anyone could offer. Thanks...

Jim,

Are you looking for a new/used Walker, or another ZTR?

I have a Tiger Cub 52"24HP that I am going to be putting up for sale.

Let me know if you are interested.

jim dailey
01-02-2005, 08:56 AM
Jim,

Are you looking for a new/used Walker, or another ZTR?

I have a Tiger Cub 52"24HP that I am going to be putting up for sale.

Let me know if you are interested.

Nate; Thanks for the offer. Iam more or less commited to the walker. The guy is making me an offer not to be refused. The only problem is the deck...there isn't one. Now I am in search of a used deck. Again, I appreciate your offer, and should I run aground with the Walker deal, I'll definitely look your way on the Tiger Cub. Thanks again......JIM.

Lawnchoice
01-02-2005, 12:00 PM
Jim,

No problem at all. The link provided above had a couple of decks on there that looked real good.

I have seen Walker decks on eBay in the spring too. Keep you eye out there.

The Walker is a great machine, have used them for many years now.

Good luck.

T. Matthews
01-02-2005, 07:07 PM
Just out of curiosity how much for the tiger cub and is beat up?

Lawnchoice
01-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Nothing I own is beat up ! :rolleyes:

Owner operated machine 10x hours. Always stored in the garage, never out overnight. 52" 24HP Honda

Triple bagger with around 35 hours on it. We use the Walkers for leaf removal, but this works great to compliment them.

Winter price for all would be 6900.00 for all.

Paid 7600 for the mower 1599 for the bagger.

Let me know if you have any more questions. I am going to get another Walker with a large side discharge deck.

Here are some pictures.

MacPhersonlawn
01-09-2005, 05:11 PM
We are located in Dalton, MA, thats in the Berkshire's. Just finished my second year in the busiess. Oirginally from Acton.

T. Matthews
01-14-2005, 10:30 AM
I need a little asistance. My winter project is to do the body work on my dump, and paint it to match the fleet. My problem is finding the parts. The truck is in great shape and the body isn't all that bad, but I'm pickey and like to have all my trucks and equipment looking like new plus I want it to be the same color. The truck is a 1970 c50 chevy (which can be seen on my website) I need only left and right fenders and a drivers side step. I was lucky to find a hood in awesome shape at Jack's junkyard in Billerica. If anyone knows someone or somewhere that I can get these parts please let me know.

Thanks,

Tom

jim dailey
01-15-2005, 08:59 AM
Tom: A lot of the junkyards are on a "network." They can communicate to each other, with the old teletype system. Have them check around between each other. That is about the fastest way. Then you can always contact someone like Year One. They have a truck line...JIM.

T. Matthews
01-15-2005, 10:07 AM
Thanks. Year one does carry anything I need......... I 've done the junkyard network with out much luck. What is going to happen is someone is going to say "oh Hey I have one one in the field or out back behind the barn" that type of thing. so I figure the more people I let know what I'm looking for the better my chances of finding it.

Boycea
01-18-2005, 11:32 PM
Just to let everyone know, the New England Grows trade-show is from Tuesday February 1st to Thursday February 3rd this year. Is anyone going?
More info can be found here: http://www.negrows.org/

Adam

lawn king
01-20-2005, 11:50 AM
We are out of abington. Primary business, lawn programs and landscape construction. We are always looking for additional athletic field work. We have over $ 30000.00 invested in our kubota set up and implements. Sub the work to us and tack on 10 % for yourself! 32 years in business! Call scott at 781-331-1980. Norfolk county agricultural school grad. Class of 1980. :waving:

pkillam1
01-25-2005, 01:40 PM
Nice to see MA forum, we are starting our thrid year in business, that is my partner and I. We are located in two areas, Groton and Woburn.

Thanks for the info about NewEngland Grows trade show, I intend to be there.

jsaunders
01-26-2005, 07:47 PM
How are you doing PK? I do some work in groton, mostly on main st as I pass through going to concord, I do quite a bit of work in concord. What do your trucks look like? Talk later Joel- Saunders Lawn

pkillam1
01-29-2005, 12:40 PM
HI,

My truck is a white Dodge with red lettering, our other truck in Woburn is a red Chevy with white lettering. We have a couple of properties in the center as well.

Paul

adam underwood
02-09-2005, 10:21 PM
Im looking for a used start-up mower under 42" in working condition in massachusetts. anyone have anything they are looking to sell?
thanks

bowhunter1432
02-10-2005, 09:53 PM
HELLO FELLOW MASS landscapers New Bedford here lol. :cool2:

meathead1134
02-11-2005, 07:50 PM
HELLO FELLOW MASS landscapers New Bedford here lol. :cool2:

Small world I gew in NB in the north end near Pa Raffas. I tried to send you a private message but it is turned off

bowhunter1432
02-11-2005, 08:22 PM
ok fixed it lol.email me at bowhunter1432@aol.com thanx.

Rich's Lawn Care
02-11-2005, 08:35 PM
I have some Lawn stuff for sale if anyone's looking. Email me at richslawns@aol.com

wilrac51
02-14-2005, 10:33 AM
Just starting out this year in Fall River. Wanted to say hello to all.

T. Matthews
02-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Hey,

Rich what do you have for sale?

bowhunter1432
02-14-2005, 01:39 PM
hello fall river you are very close good luck.

aquamtic
02-14-2005, 02:25 PM
New Bedford and Fall River-- Email me privately at pgsystems@cox.net
Would like to get in touch with you

Paul

vntgrcr
02-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Hey guys, Just joined this site myself.I am located in Falmouth on the Cape. I currently have a Bobcat excavator and a Cat 257 track loader that I am considering starting to do some water feature landscape construction. Can anyone give me some feedback as to whether you have had any inquiries about doing these. It would be streams, ponds, waterfalls etc. Havn't seen too many of them offered here and think it is ripe for the picking. Anyway, this is a great site and look forward to listening to everyones advice, experiences.
David

JMACC
02-14-2005, 08:48 PM
JMACC here from Falmouth on the Cape -just starting out this season part time and am looking for my last investment a trailer.Looking to go with a 12- 14' open. does anyone know of any clean used trailers?

Thanks in advance
JMACC

JCKL
02-15-2005, 12:14 AM
JMACC here from Falmouth on the Cape -just starting out this season part time and am looking for my last investment a trailer.Looking to go with a 12- 14' open. does anyone know of any clean used trailers?

Thanks in advance
JMACC
I have a 16' open trailer for sale if you're interested

bowhunter1432
02-15-2005, 07:50 AM
email sent aquamtic!!

T. Matthews
02-15-2005, 10:00 AM
I have a 6x12 tralier for sale. Check it out on my website.

Rich's Lawn Care
02-15-2005, 10:56 AM
JMACC, E-mail me I have a trailer forsale. richslawns@aol.com

T. Matthews
02-16-2005, 03:35 PM
OK who here is a L.L.C.. s corp or sole propritor? I just got off the phone with my attorney and he said that LLC is fairly new to Mass and that it is more expensive to do than a S corp. What does everyone think?

wilrac51
02-18-2005, 11:38 AM
From what I've read an LLC is more beneficial for doctors or lawyers. My other business is an S corp and I will be incorporating my lco as well. Haven't had any problems or issues and it is very easy to incorporate.

tomv420
02-18-2005, 04:54 PM
it seems to be doing good all I have for equitment so far is a thomas skid steer and an f800 dump truck last year wasnt the best and hoping to make it up this spring oh yea WILMINGTON MASS HERE

pkpmdp
03-03-2005, 11:12 AM
Hello
Are You Still Looking For A Used Lawnmower Have A Bobcat Or A Bradkey That May Be Sold
Thank You Dave Pk Property Maintenance

T. Matthews
03-10-2005, 07:48 AM
Wake up everyone from Mass. I know we have more snow coming, but Spring has to arrive sometime. In the mean time I put up some Spring clean up tips on my web site check it out under lawn and landscape. Who else here has a web site lets seem them.

Dave's Lawn Service
03-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Well Looks like a couple more weeks before I can get out there. When all this melts it's going to be mush. :alien:

lawn
03-13-2005, 08:48 PM
Where do you get your work gear?

BoSoxFan
03-15-2005, 09:43 AM
Nantucket here. Been in business for 4 yrs now. Grew up north of Boston and worked that area for a while with another company, got burned out, moved down here and started my own gig. Business has been very good with tons of work out here.

T. Matthews
03-23-2005, 01:00 PM
So has anyone started yet? I 'm hoping to start some parking lot clean ups next weekend.

Boycea
03-23-2005, 07:49 PM
Is their anybody that works in Milford that does snow plowing??

Lawnchoice
03-23-2005, 07:51 PM
Have started a thing other than the trucks to put the plows on !

Shuter
03-24-2005, 10:12 PM
I hope that was the last storm.

T. Matthews
03-30-2005, 08:00 PM
More rain just what we need. I just bought a used Ferris sit down 48 mower 2 years old with 400hrs on it can't wait to pick it up.

Lawnchoice
03-30-2005, 08:03 PM
Nice weather up here today, was finally able to go check out some of my properties and actually do some work.

More rain will be alright, lets face it, it's going to come either way at this time of year.

Rich's Lawn Care
03-31-2005, 06:20 PM
Anyone selling a trailer???? I'm looking for a 16' or 18' open or enclosed.