PDA

View Full Version : Hilly lawn with trees, whats the right equipment

awp
04-26-2003, 03:16 PM
I have a 2.5-acre lawn with an average slope of 8 degrees and 72 trees to cut around. One smaller section of lawn has a 17-degree slope and another has an 11-degree slope. I am not sure what type of mower to get, zero-turn, tractor or commercial grade walk behind. I would like to spend $3-5k on the unit. I am not planning on using the mower for anything other than cutting grass. Please recommend a type of mower and manufacture/model if you can.

John Gamba
04-26-2003, 04:35 PM
You Can Try a Full Turf tracer with a sulky For a Little Over 5 23 Kohler 52 Or 60" Ultracut deck same As The Lazers.

John Gamba
04-26-2003, 04:39 PM
Or You can try One Of these The Convertiblemower.com

CMLLawnServices
04-26-2003, 05:29 PM
they used to have those at country home products , the same people who make the DR feild and brush mower ect.
looks like quite the machine:rolleyes:

John Gamba
04-26-2003, 05:50 PM
They had at the begging Some Problems with It. They have Made Allot of Improvements To It Since 1996. i'm going to try One This summer I Have some Accounts That this Mower Will fit Just Right. But they are Not made Like Exmarks Makes Theres I;m going to talk To The Manufacturer About It When I Try It. WILL LET YOU KNOW.
John.

awp
04-26-2003, 07:12 PM
Walking for 1.5-2 hours once or twice each week doesn't sound like fun.

If possible I would prefer a machine to ride on. Is there a ride on mower that is good on hills?

John Gamba
04-26-2003, 07:31 PM
The Convertible Mower You can walk OR Ride In 10 Secounds. But a Lazer will do Your Yard Just fine!
John
Oh The Walk Has a Sulky On It.

mowerconsultant
04-26-2003, 10:12 PM
The Hustler Z or Super Z will make quick work of your property.
I will put the Hustler against any other machine on the market for hill handling, it is awesome !!!
Here is a pic of the mower......and the catchers that are available, if you need to pick up all those leaves.....
The first pic is of the unit handling a hill with ease.
The second pic is of the unit with the dump from the seat catcher we have made for 11 years (very proven product)
And the 3rd pic is of the new 3 bag unit if you need to bag or put your leaves in a truck.
E-mail me @ hustlerturfequipment@msn.com if you have any questions.

http://www.hustlerturfequipment.com/hustlerZ/hustlerz.jpg
http://www.hustlerturfequipment.com/hustlerZ/hustlerz_2.jpg

Later
Pj