PDA

View Full Version : cemetary landscaping?

fblandscape
04-27-2003, 03:37 PM
I have a friend who wants me to do some landscaping at his family plot at a LARGE cemetary. Should I do it?

griffin16
04-28-2003, 05:56 PM
Why not ?
Work is work

fblandscape
04-28-2003, 06:19 PM
The reason I ask is because cemetaries are HIGHLY unionized. Wouldn't want to have a bunch of flat tires on the truck when I go to leave.

A1 Lawn@Landscapes
05-01-2003, 05:38 PM
Unionized ?

I have found that cemetary workers are usually helpful as long as you follow the rules as far as plant types and height that are allowed. I dont know of any cemetary unions around here. Where in the northeast are you?

Doc Pete
05-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by fblandscape
The reason I ask is because cemetaries are HIGHLY unionized. Wouldn't want to have a bunch of flat tires on the truck when I go to leave.

That's nonsense. There's no union. I work full time at one church and contract the lawn at another. It anything, they want English speaking people that they know and can trust. Many churches have day care centers and don't want to worry about the help.
Pete

WildMowMan
05-10-2003, 04:32 AM
Believe it or not...private plot landscape design is very popular in some Celtic communities. Pearl River, NY is predominately Irish society that holds such acts as a fitting tribute to the dead. I doubt that you would recieve any negative feedback in any community. I also don't think that the cemetary workers would really care....they're on the clock..it's not like you're infringing on their turf and stealing their pay..