PDA

View Full Version : Job ?

LawnsRUsInc.
04-27-2003, 10:48 PM
I am going to give u the basic thing that happened with the client. They signed a contrat for final grading of there property. Gave us money up front to start the job. We started the job and we went through the yard with the rock hound tried to get rid of the larger rocks then we started bringing i our quad axles full of dirt and spread it through the yard. Second day she comes out after bothering us many times, and says my husband doesnt like it ok well what do you want there is nothin else that can be done i cant get out avery sh*ti*g little pebble. I tell her to get a diferent contrator if i can please you. I leave with the 50% which was spent on soil in there yard and materials that i left on the site. They say we dont want you to loose money talk to ya later bye. 5 days later they call me up and tell me that they know want to be reimbured the money even though they have all the money in materials siting in thier yard. whats your input on this never had a probelm EVER like this. What should i do.
Jason

The Good Earth
04-27-2003, 11:14 PM
What does the contract say? We need to know this before we can go any further.

If the wording isn't right on the contract they may have a legitimate complaint when it comes to getting out every little pebble.

greenman
04-27-2003, 11:35 PM
How can they be reimbursed for materails if its sitting on THEIR PROPERTY? The material know belongs to them (the homeowner). They're going to have to use the topsoil anyway, right?

Lanelle
04-28-2003, 12:41 AM
Do you mostly want all of us to say 'hey that is too bad and shouldn't have happened to you' or do you want opinions and advice? If you want advice, please post the wording of the contract regarding the scope of work to be done and the cancellation clause.

gslam88
04-28-2003, 01:05 AM
The other thing you can do is repo the materials,

I also do not understand their statement of

"They say we don't want you to loose money talk to ya later bye"

That would mean that costs would be payed for by them??? up to that point of course....

I would tell the customer that the 50% that they paid is ok, and if they want to pursue breaking a contract then 110% paid will be better.

It might just depend on what the customer's contract reads.

Pete

fblandscape
04-28-2003, 01:46 AM
Does your contract state that the deposit is non-refundable? If that's the case... they are SOL. What does your contract say in regards to breaking the contract?

LawnsRUsInc.
04-30-2003, 04:17 PM
i dont have anything in there about breaking the contract but from now on i will. I drove by and the contractor there said that he raised his bid due to what happened to me, he doesnt want to get f*c% on the job so he collected all money up front and he is sharging a heft price for how the complain so much.